I live in a country where malaria is an endemic but as far as i can remember i have never been sick of it. I do not have sickle cell. Everyone else in my family have had malaria before but i haven't (not that i want to have it). Could there be an explanation to this. 

Hello! There are two possibilities to explain your situation. The first one is that you have simply not been beaten by the Anopheles which is de mosquito that transmits malaria. Not 100% of the people living in endemic areas get infected! And if that’s the reason you are lucky. The second possibility is that you have had malaria but in a very mild form. Malaria is a disease with a wide variety of symptoms that ranges from absent to severe disease and even death, so maybe you had just a flu-like infection. I wouldn’t think about rare diseases that prevents you from malaria, like hemoglobinopathy,  as a possible  explanation. There are antibody essays that can check whether you have had it or not.

'Antibody essays' what's that??