Hello. I'm interested to hear more about parasite and fungus infections of the skin. Just recently I have watched some documentary on television about these things and I must tell you that I got pretty scared. Although, documentary was shoot in Africa I have seen some terrible stuff.
Can I catch some of these parasites here so far from Africa?
At first I though that it is about some movie or something like that but then I realized it is reality and that it can happen top anyone.
Is anybody familiar with these infections that attack only skin and possible treatment?

I have read several stuff about these infections you’ve mentioned and I don’t mind telling you everything I know.
While most skin parasites and fungi are harmless- there are several that can make a human life living hell. Species you’ve seen in Africa are geographically distributed only on that continent and you really can't find them anywhere else.
Fungus is nearly always a secondary problem, meaning it has occurred because of some other initial damage or immunity depression.
Most common skin infections caused by fungi are Trychophitia and Candida albicans! Parasites that living on the outside are known collectively as ectoparasites and most common are Costia and Trichodina!