I had been smoking since i was 15 and on halloween when i was 17 i took 3 big hits off a bowl, and finished my first beer. When i went downstairs I started dancing, i was happy and ready to have fun. Then about 10 minutes later my heart started beating so fast that i could physically feel it. I grabbed a friend and told her i needed to talk to her. we went upstairs and i couldn't sit down, i kept walking around and around, my hands were shaking. We finally went and sent on the edge of a bathtub where i couldnt stop moving my hands and/ or shaking my leg.i asked her if i was dying, everything stressed me out, talking on the phone and i couldnt be around alot of people or it would make it worse. i lost the feeling of trust for everyone around me and it made it worse that my friend had stolen the weed from her step dad. My first thought was, sh*t this is laced. everyone else who smoked it was chill, and i thought i was going crazy, and about to die from a heart attack. I had smoked headies, hash and pure THC, so it wasnt the weed; it was the physcological effect it had on my brain. I finally called my mom to get me, i told her i was really drunk and just needed to come home. she came to get me, but i was freaking out so bad that i had to tell her that i had smoked weed. When we got home I couldnt do anything but pace around my house. I thought it was never going to be over, but after 3 hours i finally was calm. It was the scariest experience of my life, i thought i was going to be the first person to ever die from marijuana. I will never smoke again because i do not want to risk the chance of going into another 3 hour panic attack, but about a month later i had bad panic attack in a crowded restaraunt when i started feelin sick, this lasted almost an hour. I am glad to know i wasnt the only one!

well here goes. i smoked weed once in college and it was a terrifying experience. i remember feeling completely detached from everyone around me and totally freaked out. i didnt touch the stuff for about 15 years. then i tried it again. at first nothing happened i just felt a little more relaxed then i normally do - i laughed more and didn't feel so anxious or avoidant around people. about the 5th or 6th time though i had a full-blown panic attack. i had been standing by the window puffing on this little pipe and suddenly it hit me - i'm stoned - thats when the trouble started - and it freaked the sh*t out of me. the first thing i did was grab a bottle of liquor and drink about the equivalent of 3-4 shots. that didn't help a bit. then i ran outside in nothing but shorts and a tee-shirt and some slip on shoes. for the next two hours i went pacing around the neighborhood in a state of panic. there was this alternating experience where i would feel really giddy and laughing and then completely dreadful - like i was dying. i repeated alot of religious mantras to myself - 'the lord is my shephered" "allah is great allah is merciful". then i broke down and started sobbing. i was down by a lake and i stripped all my clothes off and waded out into the lake. thank god no one saw me! i felt so alienated and wanted to kill myself. somehow it ended.

after this experience i have been very careful about how much i smoke even though my tolerance has increased and i can smoke much more. i felt that i gained so much insight from my experience that i still wanted to smoke. i never smoke alot all at once. instead i do it gradually and i pace myself so that i'm calm. i love how my mind just goes off on its own and i feel more relaxed and i love talking/connecting to people when i'm on the stuff. i don't know how the panic starts. it seems like an idea forms a kernel of fear that then amplifies and takes on a life of its own. during my initial hits i consciously try to let go - not think anything - sort of say 'WTF i don't care' if that's possible. i'll also think reassuring thoughts like 'love is the most important thing' 'love will save me'. my shrink says that for some people the best thing is to have a purpose in mind before you smoke. for me, i tell myself, i want to gain insight into my condition or i want to be more relaxed and creative thinking at work or interacting with others. for me i think it's all about control and learning to let go of that control.

i had the same problem today i was smoking weed with my friend and had a double up after he left i felt happy went 2 my room looked at my Ps3 it was on then i looked in the bowl there was 2 left thats when it started my heart started choking &beating very fast i started shaking after 1 min i ran 2 my mum & told her 2 call the ambo's then it got worse i told her 2 hurry she was like wtf? as she called 000 she talked 2 the doctor then it just stopped she hung up then questioned me i said sorry lol with a smile she went toilet & then it started again & mum said do u want 2 go 2 the doctors & then it stopped again i was so freaked out & thought i was going 2 die i looked out the window into the sky & started begging that everything would be ok afterwards i just had a hot shower got out & was very shaky my body & leg was shaking & i felt very cold so i put three very warm jumpers on & two blankets & was laying down watching tv felt like i had no energy left & i just fell asleep felt better when i woke up

Im 14 and I've exprienced this Omg its such a horrible feeling.
I had a really horrible panic attack from weed, I couldnt breathe everything around me was moving I felt trapped in my body and mind. It happened not to long ago actually, As a result from after all this Im very paranoid I sometimes feel like Im about to panic again even when Im not around weed. Its a horrible feeling, Makes you feel like your normal state of mind is totally gone. I went to the hospital after it happened. Til this day I cannot be around weed at all. I would advise anyone that went through this to STAY AWAY FROM WEED. Even if you inhale it just a little bit like in the air or from someone else smoking the panic attack will begin. So stay away from it, And marijuana is illegal i dont understand why people still smoke it ;/

Same exact thing happened to me, Not to long ago either, It was horrible. It felt like I was departing from everyone and everything went really numb I blacked out then gained cautioness again and were still in a panic type mode I was shaking everything around me was moving, I was smoking with my boyfriend and his friends Im only 14 and they were really high so they though it was funny and took it as great entertainment, I thought I was going to die ... I some how managed to call my mom she came and got me I went to the hospital and it happened again when I got in there. My eyes were moving all around the room so fast like I had no control over anything. It was like I were trapped in my body or mind or something. But I advise you never ever smoke weed again! Or be around it. Even if you breathe it in the you'll feel the panic attack about to happen. Just never smoke it. And stay far away from it.

look i'm 28 years old. i started smoking weed in grade 10 for years i was smoking lots and lots of weed life was great. on day i was smoking at a friends house like any other day and during our session i felt this overwhelming sense of fear. i quickly reached for my friends water bottle and chugged it down had no idea what was happening to me. later that same month i was smoking again and had another attack only this one was even worse. i started thinking that i was having a heart attack or something and thought i was going to die for sure. months past and still had panic attacks this time it would happen when i wasn't even smoking. i went to a doctor and reached out for a therapist. after months of cognitive therapy i started taking paxil for my panic attacks i quick drinking for 4 years of my life and quit weed too. when i was 23 i started drinking again because i learned to control my body. i knew right away when i was having an attack what to do. just saying things over and over again in my head like your gonna be ok its just an attack its harmless. sense then i started smoking weed again yet i'll only do it when im drunk never sober. it's the only time i can do it and still sometimes when i smoke to much i have an attack but i can control my body and stop it from becoming a full blown attack. so only smoke when your drunk your body and take it better

You should quit man. Do good things in life, live for other people and youll be fine