I am on ciprofloxacin 500mg for a kidney infection. I smoke cannabis for arthritis. Is this dangerous to take both at the same time and does it stop antibiotic from working?

No, smoking weed doesn't interfere with any sort of medication.

Well that's a lie. Cannabis can in fact interact with psychosis and depression medication, Amongst others. Be careful

Marijuana has never killed anybody and and never cause any unwanted or negative effects with me while I've taken any medication with it.I'm on ciprofloxacin 500mg right now and I have smoked weed everyday on it and is done nothing so yes it's safe.,... I've known people on psychosis medicine and medicine for depression that smoke weed never had any problems so that's a load. don't listen to this guy he's probably one of these guys it's never smoked weed in his life he's probably just not down with people smoking weed and it's the safest drug out there. it use for cancer, for tumors, glaucoma. That all they need to do is smoke marijuana instead of getting addicted to all these deadly opiates. Think about all those people on cancer that are on so many different medications and then they smoke weed on top of that. Don't want to hear that b*******. Weed is safe with any medication

I really think you shouldn't over generalize. My old girlfriends brother is on meds for his bipolar disorder and he can't smoke weed because it messes with him while on those meds. Ciprofloxacin, however, will have no effect with marajuana

Wrong weed does have an effect on cipro but it's not what you may think weed can make Some negative effects of the drug worse like the light headed ness some feel when on cipro but if you don't feel those negative effects then the weed doesent effect Much at all

lol thanks for the lesson

hearing these answer some are freaking me out okay i just hit one popper witch is a piece of ciggertte and weed packed on top and i took ciprofloxacin at 11:20 at the hospital it's now almost 4 am please tell me weed cant cause any damage or anything bad mixing the two. i smoke for anxiety i have bad anxiety

no, youre wrong. Just because those affects havent affected you and your meds doesnt mean it cant affect others. i smoke weed daily and did on all my depression/anxiett meds and it screwed me up to the f*****g max. my girlfriend smokes on hers and she gets screwed up too.

same, I smoke poppers and I'm on this medication and I smoke cause of anxiety too! eeeek will it effect the meds?

Saying smoking weed doesn't interfere with any medication is a very bold claim. All of the chemicals from everything you take end up in your bloodstream, where they can react with each other. No molecule in the universe is completely unreactive. So, guest from over a year ago, that is a BS statement.
If a chemist or pharmacist could comment on the molecular builds of the two drugs in question and confirm they are not reactive, or would get in the way of how each other are interacting with the body, that would be helpful. I'll keep dreaming that's going to happen in the next 5 minutes.

Or you can:
1. ask your doctor.
2. Just not smoke while on the pills just to be safe.
3. Do it anyway because you don’t actually really care.

Choices choices

That is not true. I am on siprofloksasin and metronidazole and smoked weed. My heart rate increased to 150 and I almost went into coma. I started shaking and felt like I was going to die. I called ambulance and went to ER. Never smoke weed or drink alcohol when you are antibiotics.