ive been smoking for a year. on and off. i recently cut down from smoking everyday because it made me depressed. ive been smokin now since the beginning of the summer like a blunt a night or a few boles. i recently seen a doctor for anxiety. he perscribed me 1mg of xanax. well last night i smoked 2 blunts with my friends. i was feelin good but i kept checkin my pulse all the time afraid that i was gonna have a panic attack. ive had them alot when i would smoke. well i had another panic attack last night or i think it was. i started getting really bad chest pain last night when me and a few of my friends met up with some other guys. i was sitting in my friends car and out of no where my chest started hurting bad. my heart started beating faster and i got really scared. i couldnt sit still i felt really anxious but this feeling in my chest scared me. it felt like there was a knot in my chest or like this tingling pain. i took one of my pills 15 min it kicked in. idk if its bad with this chest pain. maybe i should just stop smoking overall. i tend to do it with my friends on a weekend. someone let me kno if this happens to them or what they think.

yes. i have experienced severe chest pain, and it went to my throat and jaw. i noticed my gums are starting to hurt on one side. but the chest pain was really bad. i had to go to the doctor today. he did an ekg, it was not my heart, or lungs (thank God)

i think it was the smoke. i feared perhaps someone sprayed the plants in mexico or something to kill them and maybe they sold it anyway. but i found nothing to substantiate i would get chest pains. so i am being paranoid ;-) i guess.

but the smoke attributed to the pain... i too know i have to quit. but with the stress these days, one hates to. also, i get a lot of migranes. but part of the pain for me is stress. the smoke just doesnt seem to help when i am going through the drama of life and business...

i use to use many different party drugs and it had always included marijuana. several times i felt as if i had a heat attack. one time it was so bad that i had to go to er. since then i haven't been normal up till now. when i got out of er i was home for 3 months, most of the times in bed. many times when i got out of bed i would start feeling chest pain and faintness. i doubt its just anxiety because it had involved me doing physical things. pretty much i couldn't get too physical or i would fall over. i had stopped using anything for 4 years then started smoking weed again, only this time i don't mix it with anything. i was fine for a few weeks until i started smoking more, and now my chest hurts again. in addition to my chest pain i would have numbness from my chest up to my left face and parts of both of my arms. i don't think anxiety will do all that to you. i love smoking weed so much that i'm always thinking of it once in a while even if i hadn't smoked for a long time. i think i will just have to quit for good because i may have a heart attack one day and die young. i'm 34 now. well, i hope this will shed a bit of insight for someone out there with the same problem i'm having.

i get the same feeling when ever i smoke out of a bong!
like right in the middle of my chest feels tingly and hurts really bad. i trip really bad. lastnight the pain was so bad i greened out and started puking and i smoke weed everyday. for some reason its just bongs that do this to me, i have no idea what it is but its scary :-(

I had one fruity mixed drink and two hits on a joint. I was having a great high up until the moment when I thought "hmm, I've never drank and smoked before I wonder what that will be like?" And suddenly my ears started buzzing, my heart rate zoomed and I couldn't control my movements. I spent the next two hours on the bathroom floor having a brand new type of panic attack. I swore I'd never touch weed again.
Two days later we were allowed to drain the kegs at a beer garden after a festival ended. I was smashed. Around 4:00 am someone passed me a bowl and as I've done time and time before I took a hit. And sure enough I was right back in a panic attack.
Since then I've had panic attacks regularly. Chest pain is one of my favorite symptoms. I'm certain that the attacks are only brought on by the fear of having an attack. I can't even drink alcohol anymore. I quit smoking cigarettes, I quit drinking, I quit weed and I am even cutting my down on drinking coffee! I LOVE coffee!
So, my advice: Get a full physical, blood work, tests tests tests! And quit the weed!

Thought i'd throw in my little story here.

I'm 23 years old. Up until 4 weeks ago, I had been a pot/cigarette smoker for 3-4 years and my life was pretty much in 'high' mode throughout that whole time. The last 6 months I have been in a bad financial state because of my mental addiction. The last 3-4 months, there would be the odd occasion of when I smoked some pot, the world would start spinning right before my eyes .. I felt scared, I started sweating and I couldn't stand up. I remember collapsing blacking out completely for a couple of seconds and this happened about 3 times. I believe this was due to the lack of oxygen going through my head and ontop of that, thinking I was gonna die. 4 weeks ago (just before I quit), this feeling was happening every time I smoked, even a cigarette. I knew I had to stop smoking pot then. The day after my 1st day without pot, I basically substituted it with smoking alot of cigarettes... I ended up having a panic attack later on that day and went to the hospital. Now this wasn't just caused by quitting dope but over-stimulating myself with coffee, cigarettes, and exercise. These 3 things don't mix well with eachother.

Anyway, Been off smoking for just over 4 weeks now. Had no cravings however i've been very anxious and tend to isolate myself more now. Since last week I've been having these random mild pains particularly around my heart area but also little pains all around my upper body area. I also a backache which has been really irritating. Have been to the doctor and she said it's the anxiety and still coming off the pot. I'm just hoping this is the case.

For the posts above, I'll just state that your not alone with these attacks after smoking some pot. It never happened to be up until this point. It's actually quite sad because I enjoyed pot but I now know I need to start looking after myself as I get older or it could have consequences to my health in the future.

If anyone has had a very similar issue to my story, I'd like to know how long the anxiety and upper body pains lasts as I would think after a month, I'd be starting to feel ok.

I'd like to comment on the chest pains. I went to my doctor a while back for this, and she told me my body gets trapped air bubbles. My mom told me the same thing but I couldn't believe something so simple could cause pain around my heart area. When we eat we get air, when we drink we get air inside our bodies. Babies cry if you don't burp them after they eat. Same thing with adults we get air trapped sometimes causing tightness. This combination mixed with anxiety will make you think you have something. Remember your limitations. Try this I do it when I get air stuck. mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with like 4oz of water and squeeze a lime or lemon in it, stir drink up. you'll burp and feel better. Cheers!

To all of you on here I smoked pot heavily for about 2 1/2 years straight going maybe at the most for a 4 day long break when I was on a vacation with my family and could bring any on the plane or find any at the destination, one day I started just getting the feeling I was out of breath. It kept on going into me having a fast heartrate and numbness all over my body and after hitting the bong at a friends we went to our other buddys house to roll a blunt while we were there I was stumbling around as if i was drunk and i turned extremely pale they thought I had taken some other drugs and I just knew that the weed was doing something wrong to me I knew it wasnt a certain strain cause I had tried several other, well I eventually stoped but my panic attacks kept on coming really badly for a long time it has now been almost 2 years since I quit and im glad to say I am pretty much panic attack free possilby having a minor one once every two weeks that I have I guess taught myself how to control. I am extremely tempted to go back to smoking now that my freinds all still do it and I feel a bit left out but I really dont know if going through another 2 years of hell will be worth again, I hope my short story helps someone in their decisions, they way I see it we are all still young mostly and have alot of time ahead I feel I need to get everything straightened out and then maybe have a little time to puff a little bit but deffinately not everyday!

So interesting and coincidental that I stumbled upon this thread as i'm sitting here after two weeks without smoking, contemplating having my friend bring me a gram. I think these stories along with mine which i am about to explain have made me decide to not go back to that sweet, sweet herb that i loved so much. My story is thus:

For the past five years i have been smoking pretty much everyday AT LEAST 5 or 6 times a day. The first year i smoked it was only with reggie (the gross stuff, heh) but after that i had been consistently smoking very high quality chronic of varying strains. Up until two weeks ago - also how long i have been clean - i had never had adverse reactions other than headaches once in awhile maybe, along with the other typical symptoms associated with herb, i.e: short term memory problems, but nothing really substantial and definitely nothing that would have made me consider stopping. Two weeks ago I was smoking a bunch of blue dream with my friend and we went on a long night walk around 3 or 4 in the morning, some guy started running at us from down the street ( i think he had been cruising parks looking for people to mug or something) and told us if we didn't come over to him he was going to kill us, needless to say we ran very fast back to my friends house. Upon getting there I started having a panic attack, as described by other people on this thread. I couldn't catch my breath, my lips and arms and face started tingling and different body parts turned numb and cold, I seriously thought I was dying and proceeded to walk around out in the cold as that was the only thing that made me feel slightly better. I sincerely thought I was going to die and pleaded with the god that I had previously denied the existence of to help me. I calmed down after a few hours and went back inside and just sat with my friend and talked and smoked a few more bowls to help me 'calm down'. I started driving home and had the same symptoms hit me again, my stomach tightened up and my body got numb and tingly, I couldn't control my movements so I swerved into a car wash and they called 911. I was out of the hospital in an hour and a half with a small supply of Valium and the next day it happened again, much worse this time. My entire body was cold and numb and my hands cramped into mishapen claws, it was the single most frightening experience of my life. Another short hospital visit and I was home again. For two days I couldn't catch my breath and breathed with a brown paper back to help re-establish the oxygen levels in my blood because when your scared and having these attacks, apparantley you breath harder which causes an imbalance or something. This is all coming from someone who used to have a huge ego...I didn't really even believe in "panic attacks" or "anxiety" and thought that people who professed having them were just trying to be unique and get attention. I haven't had anymore attacks or anything since the second day of breathing with a bag. Everything is back to normal, I feel fine, in fact, I feel better than fine because I additionally have not smoked marijuana since that night and i am very clear headed and having been reading a lot more again etc... but I crave it quite frequently and consider getting more however I know that since I haven' t smoked in so long i'm slightly afraid it will be more intense, and possibly give me a anxiety attack like experience. I mean, i'm sure that having that guy threaten my life didn't help things, but I am really starting to thing that I was just asking for it, having been smoking so much and for so long. A lot of other things in my life were imperceptibly deteriorating, finances, job, etc... but I just didn't care because I have always been prone to have the "f**k it" attitude and weed didn't help that. I'm afraid to start such habit again, smoking all the time....not doing anything without smoking a bowl first to make it "worthwhile". That whole lifestyle to me now seems gross and stagnant, however I don't trust my willpower and fear the day when I break down and smoke again. Hopefully, reading these stories and fearing more anxiety will keep me clean, as It really is a much more pleasant way to exist. Before when I imagined quitting, I thought everything would just be too boring or something, but that only lasts so long and you feel more in control. It's nice that there are boards out there like this. Fingers crossed for the future.

i had the same problem about 3 weeks ago but i let my mate roll some joints, and he rolled 3 big blunts, i was in hysterics like laughing so much because obviously i was really high..... but then someone leant forward and put their head on my sholder and i felt a prick in my back and aparently it was the persons stubble through my polo shirt but i though i had been injected with something, about 20 seconds later my heart rate started going mental and i called an ambulance that took a while to cum. they did an ecg and took my pulse and blood sugars and stuff and said i had an anxiety attack, but i was tripping and got the guy to check my back but he said their were no needle marks ? .... the next day my chest was really hurting in the middle on my sternum and i went to a n e and they told me my heart sounded fine and my chest sounded good wen i was breating , and asked me if i kept fit cos my hear rate was like 50-60 odd apart from walking from my halls to uni and going to the gym 3 times a week and just doing weights i dont really do any cardio. but ive been to the doctors aswell and they said the chest pain should go but it still hasnt. but i have smoked weed since just with mates that i have known all my life and i found myself checking my heartbeat and pulse and getting my mates to do it its like im paranoid about it not kool really.

Wow, I cant believe I came across this post. Im 20 year old fit male and I have smoked weed for about 3 years. Recently I have had to dramatically cut down. I love pot I really do, i use to smoke pretty much daily and enjoyed it. About three months ago when ever I smoked i had awkward chest pain that was in the center of my chest, like a pain/pressure feeling. 99% of the time after I smoked..or vaped the tight chest sensation would begin and it would be accompanied by a ridiculously hard and fast heart beat, which of course let to severe paranoia. The last few times I did smoke I not only had the chest pressure, pounding heart rate and paranoia but I also had that tingling and numbing of my limbs neck and face....its caused by hyperventilation. I never had any of these things happen to me...not even panic attacks. Anyways I have suffered all of the same symptoms and it has ruined pot for me. I also have talked to my doctor about it and we came to the conclusion that it is from smoke irritation, paranoia, and hyperventilation, luckily all of which can be dealt with and avoided. So the bottom line is that everyone is different and we all suffer from varying levels of anxiety, realistically the best and most proven way to stop these episodes is to stop smoking :-/ Im open to questions I been through it all and I pretty much panic attack free now that i dont smoke.
-Peace

Iam 16 years old and i've been smoking for about siwx months now i ually only smoke on occasion.
About a month ago me and my cousin were smoking weed and i started to feel real weird my heart started beating fast my face was tingling and my became really dry i thought i was going to die so my mother carried me to the hospital where the doctor told me that i caught an anxiety attack. Days after I was still getting chest pains and a rapid heart rate so i did like the doctor told me to do and took moltrin which did not help.
About two weeks after I woke up in the middle of the night and my heart was beating really fast and i felt like i was trembling inside so my mom took me to the hospital again where a next doctor just told me that i was okay and to just keep taking moltrin whenever my chest hurt. Weeks later the cheat pain and rapid heart rate continued so i went to a doctor who just told me that at my age a lot of activity occurs in the chest so that is the probable cause and he recommended i do a blood test which i did. The chest pains continued followed by lightheadedness headaches and weakness so i went to see anext doctor who said i was having palpitations and recommended i do a ekg and a chest x ray to determine the cause. I came back a week later after having done these tests The chest x ray, ekg, and blood test all came back good . This has left me extremely confused and worried i think everyday is my last whenever i feel lightheaded which is usually everyday and recently my stomach has started to make strange noises followed by pain i havent smoked weed since my anxiety attack which was about a month and 14 days ago so

I figured I'd throw in mine too- I am a 21 year old female whose been smoking cigarettes for 8 years and weed for 4 years. About 2 years ago I fainted while high, so I went to the ER and got diagnosed with heart issues- basically my heart rate goes to 180/190 beats per minute for no reason at all. I met with a cardiologist and did EKG's etc, and he couldn't find a reason why this was happening to a healthy 19 year old, so he told me to carry on my life normally and I did.

Then last December I went to a friends house and got really high and went home. When I got home I thought I was having a heart attack, my pulse was severely elevated and I was having chest pains that stretched out to my neck and jaw and up my right arm. I calmed myself down and told myself that if it was a heart attack that it would be going up my left arm. I was shaking and freaking out and eventually it passed.

Then last night my boyfriend and I smoked crystals from our bud-buster, but we hot knifed them! I coughed for like 10 minutes straight and got so baked out of my mind! But then the chest pains came back =S I tried everything to calm down but it took me about an hour and a half before I was normal again, and upon waking up today I still feel sorta frigged up, like slight pains are passing in my chest.

So I am also wondering, like some of the people here, if its brought on by thinking about it, but then again if it were I probably wouldn't have these ghost pains today. Hmmmmm
%-)

I had this same experience about 2 years ago after smoking pot. I smoked pretty much everyday. One day I was drinking bacardi and took two hits from a blunt and started to feel like I was going to blackout and throw up. After a while I couldn't catch my breath, my face and my fingers began tingling and eventually became paralyzed into a claw shape. I ended up going to the hospital where they injected me with 4 mg of lorazepam which is a muscle relaxer and an anti anxiety med. To this day the only time I can smoke pot is when I'm drunk because my mind is relaxed and its all in the head. I am not prescribed to lorazepam too so I can take it if anothr panic attack does happen.

WELL iMA POST MY STORY UP TOO MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME.... AiTE WELL iM AM NOW 20 AND i USED TO SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY ALL DAY LiKE i NEVER THOUGHT iD QUiT THEN i GOT PREGNANT AND AFTER i HAD MY DAUGHTER LiKE i SMOKED AND i WAS FiNE THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN WHEN i SMOKE NOW i START TRiPPiN OR SOMETHiN i DO HAVE ANXiETY ATTACKS ALL THE TiME BUT WHEN i TRY TO SMOKE WEED i GET A SHARP OAiN iN MY BACK AND MY ARM AND MY CHEST FEELS VERY TiGHT AND MY HEART STARTS TO POUND... iDK WHY THOUGH... iS iT JUST ME TRiPPiN OUT FOR NO REASON CAUSE iM HAViN AN ANXiETY ATTACK AND i KEEP CHECKiN MY PULSE AND THiNKiN iMA DiE OR SOMETHiN iS THiS JUST MY ANXiETY?? i NEVER HEARED OF ANYONE DYiN FROM SMOKiN WEED.... ANY ANSWERS TO MY PROBLEM>??? MY HUSBAND LOVES TO SMOKE AND WE USED TO SMOKE TOGETHER ALL THE TiME NOW HE HAS TO SMOKE ALONE AND iT MAKES ME FEEL BAD CUZ i USED TO LOVE SMOKiN NOW i JUST TRiPP OUT... HELP ME PLEASE