My newborn baby is still in the hospital with my wife, and he was born with minor finger malformation. The doctors have not yet made a final diagnosis but from what I have read online it seems clear that our son has adactylia unilateral. Is that true? Or are there any other conditions involving finger malformation? And what treatment will our baby need in the future? Can this be corrected and to what extent?

Hello there! I really understand your concern. I did a small research and I found that a adactylia unilateral is a genetic condition characterized by missing portions of fingers usually with some sort of malformed remnant of a nail on the end of what is remaining of the finger. I believe the plastic surgery could help and since it's a newborn baby it's going to be a lot easier to perform and it's going to heal faster. But you don't want to rush with conclusions. Maybe it's not adactylia unilateral. Wait until the doctors make a final diagnosis, I'm sure your baby is in good hands, they'll know what to do. I hope everything turns out for the best.