Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

I was stung by a bee on the tip of my index finger while swimming a week ago.  The stinger was not immediately removed as I didn't want to pull it out and possibly cause an infection. It fell out after 10 minutes.  I continue to have the same and more severe symptons as if it were recently stung.  The entire finger is itchy and swollen.  There is a small dark spot where I was stung.  Could there possibly still be a remnant of the stinger in my finger?

Loading...

Hi Guest,

Yes part of the stinger can still be in you and it can cause an infection.

See your doctor - today.  You're waiting a very long time to deal with this. 

In the future with any injury, if your symptoms don't improve after only a couple of days you should see your doctor.

Reply

Loading...


Thank you for your guidance.. I assumed that was the case and removed the remaining portions of the stinger yesterday. The finger is much better today.
Reply

Loading...