I'm slightly concerned as I think I've missed a period. I am sexually active and last had sex in late January, but used protection and there were no incidents of condoms splitting etc and we were very careful. I had a period at the begginning of february, and at the very end of february following a smear which was strange, but then I didn't have a period in March.

I'm not very regular as came off the pill around november/december, but it was unusual for me to have 2 (rather heavy) periods in february. Also I have been on a diet for 1 1/2 months and lost 10 pounds, and have in the last 2 weeks had a large amount of stress which disrupted my sleep pattern and eating habits and left me feeling ill.

is a non-period in march due to being pregnant? I have had no other signs and have lost weight as opposed to gaining it. If I am pregnant it would have been concieved mid-late January, would I be aware if I was pregnant?

as stupid as it sounds I'm even more scared of taking a test. My friends say that its due to the stress and diet and to relax as I'd know by now if I was pregnant.

any advice is much appreciated! thank you

han85
My suggestion would be to just go and take a test. Have a VERY close friend with you to support you. It doesn't sound like pregnancy to me, just stress and weight loss like you said. I think you also mentioned that you just came off of the birth control pill, which can throw off your body too. Let us know how you are doing, but take a test, because if you are pregnant, you will need to start taking prenatal vitamins and take good care of yourself as a little life is growing inside.

Hizgrace

I know how you feel because I get that a lot. I'm easily stressed out and that is a major factor in delayed periods. One time I missed my period for any entire month! I wasn't really worried at the time because I wasn't sexually active so it came at the beginning of the next month but that was during high school - exam week - lol. If I were you I wouldn't be worried, if you want you can take a HPT just to give you peace of mind so you can relax and then it'll come because it wont if you're worrying about it. Try to relax and you'll be fine :-)

ok still no period but have done a test and it was negative, still no symptoms of pregnancy but I slept with my partner again and have noticed bleeding after sex since we started sleeping together in January.

We always use condoms, and I have been for a smear and tests but they've come back clear. no idea what's going on :-(