Hello. I'm 40 year old female and I have very important issues to discuss with people who maybe know more about this.
You see, about three months ago I have experienced one very serious car accident in which I have injured my back a bit. After few tests a doctor determined that I have developed one serious condition called disc herniation and that it could be potentially dangerous.
He told me that some medications and exercises could relieve my pain but the only solution is operation called Lumbar Discectomy.
Before I decided to have this operation done I would like to hear some stuff about it from someone who had the same surgery!

Hello. I have just read your post and of course that I have decided to help you. You remanded me on me, just before the operation.
I don’t know what to tell you about this beside the fact that this microdiscectomy procedure has been the "gold-standard" technique for unilateral disc resection.
Your doctor told you truth about your condition. Lumbar discs may herniate creating pressure against one or more spinal nerves causing severe pain, numbness or weakness in the lower back, legs and feet. This can be very dangerous. Minimally invasive lumbar discectomy is an operation performed on the lower spine to relieve pressure on one or more nerve roots. I have had this operation done a year ago and my life has changed since then. Don’t worry, solve your problem now and enjoy after it.

HAD THIS SURGERY IN 1986(21 YRS AGO)HAVE FEW PROBLEMS DUE TO BEING FUSED,BUT NOTHIING LIKE BEFORE.

I AM NOW FIXING TO HAVE IT DONE AGAIN NEXT LEVEL UP DUE TO A BULGE.

WHEN IT GETS BAD ENOUGH,YOU WILL LET SOMEONE DO IT.

My daughter had a bad car wreck, two years ago she had the fusion on her back. She has had lots of problems, and stays in pain all the time. She recently turned her ankle over and cracked and was in a cast for 6 weeks. Because the feeling is still out of her leg and part of her foot. My suggestion, before you have back surgery, talk to at least (3) different specialist before surgery. Good Luck!

Hello My Name is Rosa.

I am Also Suffering with Cronic Lower Back Pain
recently it has become so painful I have been Unable to work for the last 8 weeks. I'm a CARER looking after old People taking 4 out each day.

One in a wheel chair and 2 with walkers. So I'm forever lifting them in and out of the car and also their waking aids. I've been doing this job for two years now, but all of a sudden my back has had enough.
Have seen 2 Back Specialists they both say they recommend Disk Fusion.
But I'm scared of it.

HAS ANYONE HAD LUMBAR ARTIFICIAL DISC REPLACEMENT AT LEASE 5 YEARS AGO. I WONDER IF YOUR IMPLANT HAS FAILED LIKE MINE DID.