Hello! I am 49 and lately I have a real problem with spinal back pain and this spinal back pain is even more presented when I stand or walk and is usually accompanied with leg pain also-sometimes my legs are swollen and my leg muscles are weak especially if I walk long distances. The situation somewhat reduce when I sit or lie down but mostly I am in the standing position for my job and I really am having hard time with this spinal back pain situation –is there anything I can do to help myself? Thanks!

You should go see a doc for it is more likely you have spinal stenosis – that is a condition in which the spinal area is narrowed so there is basically little room for nerves that goes through spinal canal among the vertebras. Anyway this condition is common for it is actually caused by some degenerative changes that goes with aging. My mother suffered the same condition-spinal back pain- and finally she underwent CT scan which has determined almost precisely her stenosis so at first she was taking some pain meds and was also having some physical therapy but the spinal back pain still persisted and she finally decided to have the surgery –that is known as decompression or better widening of spinal area and she is very happy with the results –she practically doesn't feel nor the spinal back pain no the leg pain and if you decide to have this spinal surgery you could even be free of numbness in your legs.