I am 47 years old and I have a somewhat involved medical history and I guess my doctor gave up on me today. I keep complaining about my left leg hurting me terribly. So bad that I have to drag my leg and walk with a cane most of the time. But what gets confusing is that my abdomen bloats and gets very painful and distended. I have had a hysterectomy from endometriosis which led to a very bad 3 year bout with adhesions and had to have them removed numerous times from my colon ribs, bladder stomach. I finally said no more and have just lived with the problems but now things are getting very painful. So i asked my doctor if adhesions could cause this and if so could it affect my back and left leg. All the pain is located deep in my left side. I can get constipated so I use a natural colon cleanser on a regular basis to keep things flowing, I do have diverticulitis according to my doc and I have degenerative disk disease. Since my severe leg and back pain seem to coincide with my severe abdominal pain, I asked if maybe they were tied together somehow. My doctor insisted there is nothing linking abdominal pain with back pain and definitely not my leg pain. I read on this site that a bulging disk and or pinched nerve in your spine can cause debilitating abdominal and leg pain. Is this true? Could my abdominal pain be from the chip of bone that is pressing on my nerves?? I have suffered for 23 years with abdominal and back problems and the older I get the worse it gets. It is so bad that I was crying uncontrollably to my doctor today which led him to terminated our relationship, He said it was all in my head, it was a psychological thing and all my test are normal and that there is no way my back could be causing my abdominal pain and to quit telling him how to do his job. I know my body. I have lived with it for 47 years. Not having insurance has led me to have to read a lot of articles on my problems over the years which got me this far but it is beyond vitamins and home health care. I thought they could be linked but my doc insists not! I know this is NOT in my head especially since I have found this site. It really upset me and I feel lost and like I have no where to turn for help. I am in excruciating pain any information would be greatly appreciated!!

It is possible that what you are going through is actually related. I am curious if you have actually decided to seek out a second opinion or not, because it sounds to me like you have been unsatisfied with your doctor, and occasionally they can be wrong, especially if they have written a patient off as a hypochondriac. Have you done that? Now would be an ideal time to check with a new doctor.

oh yes, I will definitely seek a second opinion. the thing about being a hypochondriac is they have everything wrong, I have the same problems I have had for years nothing new just the same old thing. The reason for the endometriosis and hysterectomy was a dog ripped my stomach wide open and adhesions grew on everything creating terrible blockage and problems. I was only 24 when that happened. It took three years of testing to find out what was wrong. Since then, I went 23 years with out going to a doctor. So a hypochondriac is definitely not me.

This is to the original poster of this topic. I am a 39 year old male that is experiencing all of the same issues that you are experiencing. I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE, I have a degenerative disk disease named Spina Bifida Occulta. It is characterized and defined as disks that during the formation of the spine do not fuse together properly. I found out I had this condition during an accident at work, normally people do not know they have it unless there is an accident to the affected area(s). I just went through a series of painful Epidural injections. They were a series of 3 and the first one was great, I felt like doing back flips. The last two were aweful and my recovery from the last one (3 weeks ago) is very slow. Anyway, I go on too much....I have been getting a pain about one inch above my left hip in the front behind my pubic are, around my side to my lower back, and down the front and back of my leg. It will sometimes affect my right side too. It hurts during any activity that lasts over 15-20 minutes, even standing to do the diches. I need to lean on the counter and bend forward to make the pain subside even a little bit so I can finish my chore. YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! Any doctor that will discharge you when you are clearly an emotional basket case is a jerk. If he feels that it is in your head with or without insurance he should be able to find you resources that will help this condition. Anyway, there I went again. YES....my degenerative back condition DOES cause radial pains from my lower back to my stomach. This is not uncommon. I have a pain magement doctor that does my procedures, treatments, and medications. He explained all of this to me with charts of how nerves travel throughout the doctor. The way that I see it is that if he is incorrect then I will end up in the ER and they will do further testing on me at that point, however, it does all make sense to me since my back is the cause of alot of things. Don't stop, keep looking and searching for ansers, that is what I had to do. If I am not satisfied I keep searching for an anser. Not so that a doctor will tell me what I want to hear, but, one that will tell me what is going on, treat me, and make my misery go away. Because if they can do that, then they must know what is wrong with you.

I am a male 29 I live in central NY I got injured at work and every since my left leg, back and left side of my stomach have been in constant pain. I Can lift heavy things but if I do my left leg hurts something fierce. I cannot eat big meals or else my stomach hurts all day. I cannot sit for a long time or my stomach is in pain. Muscle Stretches have help some what but It does not subside the pain completely. I have had nerve blocks to help shooting pain down my legs. I have had MRI, cat scan, stool samples, urine samples. half of which is not paid for because Dr says my stomach is not related to my leg pain. I have a colonscopy at the end of this month hoping to get one step closer to 100 %. First off I'm not a woman so I have no Idea about hysterectomy or endometriosis, but so far after six years of being injured you have the closest symptoms to myself and you are right you do know your body better than all these Doctors who think just because they are Doctors they know, They don't have a f*****g clue. The only reason I am closer and closer each year is because of my own research and telling the doctors what to do. One thing doctors don't understand is how you hurt exactly. You have to know exactly how to speak with an educated id**t. hope all goes well for you.

Eleanor, I hope you have had some relief since you first posted this. I came looking for help tonight, because I have been told by my primary care physicians that there is nothing wrong with my stomach and can't cause the pain in my back. AT times I will have some kind of a flare up and I can't take a step, I can't move a certain way, nothing, without screaming in agony. it's more like AAAHHHHH and crying with it. I have a pain management Dr. but no one has found the reason for this pain in my stomach. when I read what you said, I swear it was what I'm experiencing. I started thinking I was crazy, but I know what I'm feeling,and when I have pain, sickness in my stomach it causes excruciating pain. I wondered what you have found out. They have done MRI on my stomach and can't find the reason for the lump in my stomach, and say there's nothing that should be causing me any pain in my stomach. I too had hysterectomy because of endometriosis years ago. I couldn't believe I found someone else out there that was going through something so similiar. So please don't give up, you were very brave to post here and that Dr. should be ashamed of himself. At times I wish some of these Dr's who can be so heartless, would have to experience just a couple of hours of what we feel, and then I guarantee they would be looking it up. My pain mngmt help control pain lvl, but when it starts in with my stomach, nothing helps. I hope you've found out something, because tomorrow if I still can't walk, i'm gonna have to go to the ER, and I really don't want to have to deal with that. Good Luck and God Bless, I hope your better.