I have one problem since I was in puberty, and I am 25 years old now. I have noticed I have early morning erections, not so common, but often. This made me interested why this happens to me, but and some people has never experienced that. Does it mean I had wet dreams? I do not feel I am especially turned on when I woke up, so I do not understand if I was in my dreams.

A morning erection is popularly known as "morning wood". That is the natural reaction to the blood flows, which is now surging through your body. Related morning afflictions are also blurry eyesight, and aching muscles. This question is especially fun to respond, since morning erections is one of the top 10 misunderstood phenomenons of the male sexuality. Beside, this is a favorite among less-informed males and females alike to pick on. Having an early morning erection does not mean that you were having a wet or sexy dream. Afterwards, it does not mean that you are sexually turned on. People with morning erections are, ironically, less likely to have morning sex. Having an early morning erections does not mean that you will wake up with a smile on your face. Contrary, it is often very uncomfortable and, depending on which position you are in when you wake up, can be downright painful.

First of all that is no true for everybody. I am married and I wake up every morning turned on as a jack rabbit So erections in the morning are rue from bloodflow but I am turned on in the mornnig and sadly my wife is usually knocked out. My penis has a mind of his own he is nocturnal. Don't you hate it when your penis is hard whenever he wants to be but when you are about to get it on it is semi-had..wtf.

well i'm 25 and i dont get morring wood any more , i stoped geting them since i was 24 . i dont know why ?
plus i cant really keep my peins hard for long , its not even that hard when its hard help please

same things been happening to me and im about the same age ...whats going on ?

Anyone have a reason why morning wood doesn't occur for certain people?
Does this mean poor blood flow or something?

I am 53, and have been getting the sometimes curse, sometime joy of morning wood..but mostly diamond cutter The curse part is when you really do need to urinate, and have to conjure up nasty thoughts to "deflate" the meat hammer. The joy part is when your partner (my wife in my case) discovers it and decides to start the day in a happy way Of course most women and a good portion of men are not all that into morning sex, but I am an opportunist at heart.

For the guys who used to, but now are not getting their fair share of the AM woodies', go see your doc and don't be shy. It may be stress related or prostate related (see doctor comment), but at your ages, it is doubtful unless you have a family history. Hernias' STD's and other conditions could be a factor. Drugs, prescription and non, booze and diet, also could be a contributing factor...see a doctor.

I hav Mornin wood olmost evryday.... n for sm reason, it z not related 2 tirednes or gud sleep at ol.. Coz, evn whn i party hard ol nite til sunrise...... I stil do get de Erection really hard in Mornin... evn if i dnt imagine women.. on d contrary, thr r sm times during d day whn d erections r not dat strong.... evn if i do imagine women!!

This explains smthn, rather gives me an idea hw 2 choose d best time bout sex... although i can i hv it nytym, stil i prefer morning or evening as these r d two times whn itz hardest.. i try 2 keep ma meetings vid gals arnd dat tym....
Wrks out 4 me, bt stil 4 d people who figure out their best timings 4 long lastin erections.. FOLLOW MA PATH!!

lol im probably the youngest hear. im 14 and i get it everymorning. its very rare tht i dont.

Hello. for those of you young guys (24-25) who are not getting them, it can often be caused by certain medications or prescription drugs.
If any of you are taking the hairloss drug Propecia (finasteride) get off it immediately (ween yourself off it over a couple weeks) because this is a very dangerous drug which will mess up your prostate, hormones, and erections, long after stopping the drug even.
Believe me, I am living proof. Stop taking that drug if you are!

To comment on this, I am 38 years old and I can't remember a morning that I have not awaken to a major stiffy. I have five children which makes it much worse, as the younger ones usually jump into bed looking to snuggle with Mom and Dad on the weekends, which normally would be a good family bonding moment, but instead I find myself twisting and turning to make sure that they do not discover my erection. The erection can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Some guys may think that is great, but I don't. My wife is not a morning person in that area. At least 2 times a week it gets to the point where it is painful and I have to go to the bathroom and masturbate to get it to go down.

I have always read that in time you can learn to control your erection, but I have had no luck.

Any advice, besides the normal garbage like "think of your mother naked" would be appreciated.

I don't get them all the time; but I'll have morning erections that last for at least 2 hours in the mornings; I don't think I've ever had a wet dream; because I masturbate every 1 - 3 days, and I'm still a virgin(don't know if that really means anything) I also get erections when I'm just laying in bed; trying to go to sleep, and not even aroused. I hear it's healthy and normal, but it's so embarrassing, because it doesn't go away; and I can't even ejaculate because I'm not aroused. (and most mornings I don't have time for that)

morning erections are a good thing,
it means you have had a "Pleasant" dream, and will be in a good mood for the rest of the day, or until some id**t really does somethin tha winds u up :-D

sorry to tap this old thread up but the real reason for morning wood as you call it is due to a high level of testosterone in your body thats why there are more cases of it in men going through puberty i myself are 19 but i already know alot about the male and female genitalia dont be alarmed by having a morning erection its a good thing also helps in building muscle for me myself are a weightlifter i noiticed a increase in morning wood when i started doing it again

An erection is caused by a rush of blood to the penis. A man's penis -- especially that of a young man -- can also become erect without any kind of arousing stimulation; this is known as "spontaneous erection."

A man's penis becomes erect in response to sexual arousal and excitement, but it can also become erect as a result of deep relaxation, such as that experienced in deep sleep called REM (rapid eye movement) -- a period of sleep during which you dream.

The male testosterone level is at its highest in the early morning during restful sleep, usually built up during the night and at its highest around 4-6 a.m. from my understanding.

Morning erections are technically nighttime erections which happen during Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep (when most dreaming occurs), although men older than sixty years may have them during even non-REM sleep. Generally, males experience four intervals of REM sleep per night. These spontaneous erections in the wee hours are caused by specific neuroreflexes that are stimulated during REM sleep. Morning erections are the tail end of a series of nighttime erections, as many as five per night that can last for 20-30 minutes each.

Many people are not aware of the fact that erections do not just serve sexual purposes; they also are a source of increased blood supply to the penis, so the male body will have several erections at night, just to keep the penis healthy.

Good health to you all... !