I am 16, male, and I used to masturbate 1-2 times a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Recently, however, my erection has been very weak, weak enough that masturbation isn't really pleasurable anymore. I think that my over-masturbation may be causing it, and if this is the case, will I get a full erection if I quit masturbating for a few weeks?

Some other information which may be helpful is that about 6 months ago I took a blood test check-up and they told me I had slightly high cholesterol. However, until about 3 days ago I could still get a full erection, and recently I actually started excersizing more than I used to.

Do you think that I can get my full erection back by quitting masturbating, or do I maybe just need to eat healthier? Or maybe it is a psychological reason? I don't know, which is why I'm asking, because these weak erections are extremely frustrating, not so much because I feel the urge to continue masturbating, but because EVENTUALLY I'm going to want to have sex, and with this whole situation, it's really not going to happen.

Can someone help me please?

It sounds like your anxiety over the possibility that you are over masturbating is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Anxiety is positively linked to reduced erections. At your age getting multiple erections per day shouldn't be a problem.

However if you feel that your frequent masturbation is becoming a problem or is affecting your life negatively you should try to cut down on the number of times you materbate.

I wasn't worrying about over-masturbating until after I started getting weak erections. Well, I was, but I stopped worrying about it a few months ago after I finally got into my head that masturbation can't physically harm me.

Right now my main concern is that I erect multiple times per day, but it's not really hard. I mean, if it's not hard when I'm sitting in school it really doesn't concern me because I'm not going to masturbate in school and because it's really uncomfortable to have a massive erection while wearing jeans, but when I'm at home it really worries me. I do worry too much, but I still think something else other than my own mind is at play here. And if I'm just anxious, then will the problem really go away if I ignore it?

Contrary to popular belief if we could just forgot about Anxiety it wouldn't be such an issue.

Now that you clarify your story it still fits with my theory of anxiety but I do think you should have a medical cause excluded.

When you say "weak erection" do you mean your penis says "soft" or it's simply not as errect as you have experienced before.

The process of an errection can get pretty complicated so I will keep it basic. Your hand stimulates your penis which sends a message to your brain. Through a complex process your brain determines exactly how aroused you are. New images or ideas tend to generate a stronger response. Your brain over-reacts essentially to new stimuli and the result is increased blood flow.

Ergo your erection size may vary. Now it's possible that having an erection multiple times a day decreases the size of the erection but it shouldn't be preventing an erection.

If we are going to explore the possibility of anxiety as a cause you will need to be detailed about how you feel before you start the masturbation process, during, and your reaction when it's not as full as you expect it to be.

Thank you for the help. I think I'll just try to ignore if and if I think I still need help I'll just talk to my doctor. I posted here because it's kind of embarrassing and I can't go to a doctor without going through my parents, but if it's really an issue, I guess I'll have to.

EDIT 1: Nevermind... my erection is hard again. I was probably just imagining the whole thing. That's a relief...

Thanks again for all your help.

Hi guys. I've heard about this problem before and I can assure you that nothing dangerous is involved. I just think that overmasturbation causes your issue and that you should just lay off for a while. My cousin has had similar problems, and he solved his issue by not masturbating for a while. It's different for all men and all ages, and hitting puberty is crucial for your state. Just eat healthy, nothing fancy but eat healthier anyway, and do some physical work or play basketball or something else and I'm sure that your erection should return as fast as possible. 

I was having the same problems as you and countless others I have seen on sites like these. I had weak erections and a stiff flaccid penis. I searched the web for hours a night and only found things that freaked me out. I was depressed and started taking every vitamin from L-argrinine to fish oil. Nothing helped. I was running 4 miles a day, taking protien and aspirin for it's blood thinning and anti-inflammatory benefits. Still no change. I thought that masturbating too much permanently destroyed me. I started noticing veins and discoloration on the head of my penis. I even thought I had peyronie's disease and it just hadn't curved yet. Want to know how I finally got over it. This problem was persistent and showed no signs of healing for 3 months...yesterday however, I looked at my penis and said to myself "that is what my penis has always looked like" trust me...I didn't stop stressing right away, but I did go out and get my mind off of it. This morning I woke up and had morning wood...it wasn't that hard but then I told myself my morning wood always looked like that...and truthfully...I'm only ever completely erect in the morning if I keep going back to sleep and ignoring the fact that I have to pee...but since I was stress I would wake up at the first sign of pee and wonder why I wasn't fully erect...anxiety kills erections my friends. And as soon as you realize it and fix it...ur erections will come back full force...by the way...stop masturbating so much...I went a month with out masturbating and then I did it once a week to check "progress" after all the vitamins, excersiZing and stressing didn't work...one day of no stress gave me my erections back...I promise that stress is ur only problem

I m 16 too i mastarbate last nite and this mornin i woke up, i wanted to mastarbate but i could not attain erection... I almost cried... I think i hav the same problem that u had...

I just wanto know that aftr how many time did u get erection back.. As i xpect mine to get back aftr same time... :)

Lol im not trying to act like a smartass and point anybody out but its annoying when someone SERIOUSLY things there penis is messed up and u dont know but u try to through your brain at it... retarted. Look when u watch porn dont physch it . watch it and feel ur penis when u stroke it dont use ur mind to feel it. ur not gona feel it as much at first but continue to do it! ur penis will get harder and harder. and it will feel good. ok and the other thing YES masterbating will lower ur chance of getting a full erection. for me i masterbate usually once a night or if i get those bored days at the house i do it 2-3 times the 2nd time isnt bad but the third time is ehhh, but its still deco. Just relax bro dont be so excited to feel so quickly. take ur time out and really stroke ur penis... ok im out peace

There is no such thing as over masturbation

Dudes im 17 and i used to masturb8 3 times a week 2days ago i had sex with my girl the 1st round was perfect but i didn't last more than a minute in the second my penit let me down ,what is wrong with biggie?

Look guys u need to use your penis as it suppose to be used its inside a push not with hand its so soft organ that turn to hard with blood flow.just dont use your hands and give it a rest n use it the right way.thats ofc after cheakin a doctor n make sure nothin physically wrong.

I m 25 too i masturbated a lot I think i hav the same problem that u had...

I just wanto know that aftr how many month did u get erection back.. As i xpect mine to get back aftr same time..

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

alright hey im Danny, heres the thing stop masterbating ignore it, i used to like hella everyday

eventually your boner will get weak, i recomend excersize and drinking water practice holding your water in then have a pleasuable piss, same sh*t as masterbating just that ur pissing and actually controlling the feeling of letting the piss

or holding it in like a champ. just forget about masterbating, i wait about 1month or so if iget a hard errection

icontroll tell it to go down ha, then when iactually have sex ill have a nice hard boner your girlfriends will be suprised of the upwards boner instead of the slanted errections.. im outo.O

Go to the website called "Your Brain On Porn" and you will see how over masturbating, especially to internet porn has caused these problems for you. The good news is that you will be fine if you give your brain a serious break from all of this porn and masturbation.

You will also see on this site Dr. Oz addressing this self induced ED worldwide problem. Go there now, before you really freak yourself out and make your problem even worse.

Best of luck!!