is it normal for my 5 year old son to have an erection every morning when i get him up? he always has one and wont keep his hands offof it

This Normal all boy,s get morning erection or morning wood is for playing with hem self tall him it ok only in hes bedroom or the bathroom

I have to agree to some point that it is normal for a kid your son's age to get morning erections, even to the point where, as you said, he won't keep his hands "off it", what decides if this is a matter that will need you to ask for professional advice depends most on the fact for how long has this been going on? When did this behavior start? It is absolutely normal and expected from kids this age to explore their genitals and they can get involved in that activity for quite some time, simply because it brings them pleasure, but this becomes a problem only when a child is preoccupied with this type of activity so that he doesn't have much energy or interest to focus on more intellectual activities. I think it would be a good idea to talk with your pediatrician, when you get the chance, but definitely you should avoid creating too big of a deal or a problem for a kid himself because that could bring even more troubles later in his life.