%-)  HELLO

WISHING YOU A HEALTHIER, PAIN-FREE 2013...

I would appreciate your input in this matter...I have been on 30mg Morphine IRC for acute and severe chronic pain,due to multiple spine/neck fractures....i have been on Morphine for 3 yrs..

Now, i have asked my Pain Dr, for a change to Dilaudid..since Morphine was not taking the pain away at that dosage, but i didnt want to increase the dosage...

my question is....which is better? Morphine, 30mg or DILAUDID 2mcg?.

and which 'WITHDRAWAL' IS WORST???....MORPHINE OR DILAUDID??

I will appreciate your feedback in this mater...

Thank You

SLAVE-2-PAIN

All i can do is tell you what was worst for me. Everone is diff. Morphine is worst! I was on both n getting off morphine takes a long time. You have to lower the dose. The ONLY good thing about Morphine is you dont get high n you dont feel like you want more n more of the med. With any other med. i always wanted more. Morphine screws with your head. Its 5 years now n im still trying to get off morphine. I went from 500 mg to 100mg n still dont feel good. I will have pain again when im off morphine but its a lot better then feeling like c**p every day. DR. should not put people on these med. I dont even drink or smoke but i feel like a drug add. Take your time n lower the med evey week. You can go grom 500mg to 100 mg in one week--its getting off the 100mg thats hard..

I've had just the opposite experience with morphine. I could never get enough and I always wanted more. But regardless of whether you are dependent on morphine or dilaudid, the withdrawal is going to be very difficult and unless you have another solution to relieve your pain, then I can't see how trying to withdraw now would help you. Thats just my opinion. good luck to ya Rodney

FROM WAHT I HAVE TAKEN, MORPHINE 60MG IS EQ.TO 8MG DILAUDID. THE LATTER HAD LESS SIDE EFFECTS LIKE DROWSINESS AND NAUSEA. THE DILAUDID DIDN'T MAKE ME ITCH, GAVE ME AN ENERGY BOOST AND RELIEVED PAIN WITH LESS WITHDRAWAL AND SIDE EFFECTS. BUT THAT'S MY EXPERIENCE.

DILAUDID... ABSOLUTELY DILAUDID.... The kick is more extreme but much shorter...... This also depends on whether the morphine is quick release or long acting. Myself, I'd stay away from dilaudid... Especially if you would have to take it for any length of time.

Thx for your post. I'm 17 days in, detoxing from 16 yrs with an implanted intrathecal pump. The battery on my pump died, I don't have the $$ to get a new one. Oh hell, this is hard. I'm determined & have loving family support. Keep well.