Hello, I am 40 years old and my problems started few years ago. I have migraine attacks. Headache is so strong that makes me almost unable to do anything. This lasts for several hours, often followed with nausea and vomiting. I used Dilaudid for some time but I have heard on several occasions that Morphine is also good. Which is better: Dilaudid or Morphine?

Dilaudid is a medicament used for treating strong and chronic pain. It has its negative side effects; depression would be on the top of the list for me. As for Morphine, it is a medicament similar to Dilaudid in both purpose and side effects. So, you see, there is no big difference between these two. It all differs from patient to patient, both positive and negative effects.

Dilaudid usually doesn't act as long as morphine. Depending on dosage though dilaudid is a good pain-killer and a semi-synthetic opiate. Made from morphine. But then again it's a personal choice. I find dilaudid works well and doesn't have side effects of the itching and scratching.