I have been on morphine for six years due to an industrial accident. I have been on over 600mg per day prescribed thru pain management. I am 53 and perminantly disabled. I have gone thru hell and back many times. My wife and I had twins a few years ago and I decided I need off. Over a period of 3 years I was able to get down to 30 sa-3x and 15ir-3x daily. 1-1/2 years ago I took up smoking pot only when the pain was extream. I had a drug contract with doc so had to be careful. My appointments were every 2 months so stopped for 30days to test clean. Medical pot is NOT legal in this state and I say to all medical pot should be totaly legal. It has helped me with withdrawals and most importently pain. My doc claimed I tested possitive very low but possitive and he cut me off merphine period and dishcgarged me as a patichent. Can he cut me off with no help in detox or am I hung out to dry? Any help would help please.

Hi ther,e what company are you in? I do not know what to tell you without knowing more of the law where you're located. Can you tell me? Thanks!

I am in Alabama to come so far on ones own is very hard. I knew I was an addict a month into first taking morphine, and withdrawels is somthing that was never talked abought. From over 600mg a day to abought 3-/12mg every 30hrs or so. Splitting 15mg ir. At what point can I put them down?

Hi there, you really will have to take your time to be able to quit the habit. It is something you have to step off of gradually, okay? What do you think? Can you let me know how you're doing?

Can't seem to make the 30 hour mark yet. Very hard. Don't want to go thru sickness again. Trust me I can take alot when you loose the wall, your done. You start all over again, with no help. Sorry excluding my wife & kids.

I have been on morhine 200mgs. 2x a day 15mg IR 1x and percs for breakthrough pain. i know exactly how you feel and wish i had the magic answer. I have been taking tramadol to get me through the first couple days cause they are the roughest. I have been on meds due to a major back problem since i was 24. I am now 33. I am tired of how my life revolves around my meds.