My nephew is 11 yrs old. he is lethargic, obese, eats a lot and drinks water a lot. his urine test reveals traces of albumin and mucin with some epithelial cells. He urinates quite frequently. Somebody throw some light on his physical condition.

Something is going on here and he needs more tests.

Albumin (proteins) are normally not passed by the kidneys. More testing is needed to identify the source. Mucin can be found in normal urine so the values would be important.

What does his doctors say?

Well,
There are several things that could cause this problem in young children but most cases this is caused by urinary tract infection. The frequent urinations are also caused by urinary tract infection. Now the good thing is that this doesn’t last too long but in most cases this needs treatment. The best treatment option is of course the use of antibiotics. You should consult your doctor what antibiotics are the best for him. Also does she have any pain while he urinates? My suggestion would be to watch his diet for next couple of days and the liquids that he drinks. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie