Hey everyone,

I am a person that is not afraid of literally anything, find the scariest thing you can find and I'll do it, but I have to admit that this got me scared. This morning when I went to the toilet I saw something red in my urine and I immediately figured out that it was blood. Blood in my urine, I was like, what the hell is going on here? I am living a healthy life so this is so weird. Should I be worried? Does anyone know what could actually be the cause of blood in my urine?

Blood in urine can be very dangerous and you want to talk to your doctor as soon as you can. Bloody urine can be caused by a number of things and all of these things are more or less dangerous, urinary tract infections, kidney infections, a bladder or kidney stone, enlarged prostate, kidney disease, cancer, inherited disorders, kidney injury, medications or strenuous exercise can all be the cause of blood in your urine. As you can see, there are a lot of serious conditions and diseases on this list so you really want to get this checked as soon as you can.

I think that you want to see your doctor as well, this is not something that you want to play with, you know. A friend of mine ended up lying in a hospital because he was diagnosed with kidney infection. He had blood in his urine and he didn't pay any attention to it, when it kept happening every time he went to pee, he eventually decided to go and see what is wrong. I am telling you, bloody urine can be extremely dangerous so the sooner you check everything, the better, I will be holding my fingers crossed for you mate.

So you basically just scared me even more now. I noticed blood in my urine again this morning and I am slowly starting to panic now. What if it is something really serious? It would be devastating for me, I don't know if I could handle it. I will call my doctor sometime today to set an appointment and see what is going on here. Come on guys, tell me something good here, there has to be a way that I am okay and this is due to some food problems or something, it doesn't have to mean that it is something serious, does it?

In my case, there was not the reason for concern. I was eating a lot of berry fruits, I was drinking beet juice every day and I was adding some ginger in it. I was terrified when I noticed that my urine has totally different color. It was red. So, this was an alarm for me because I am scared of some diseases like every normal person. I went to see my doctor and he told me that there is nothing wrong with me. Ginger encourages the bleeding so that was in my case. But he also told me that it is a good thing because I came to consult him because blood in the urine can be sign of so many serious health issues. When you go to urinate, do you feel any type of pain?

First, you need to check why your urine is red. Maybe it is not blood, maybe it is something else. But generally, it needs to be checked. It can be very dangerous because red blood cells in the urine is a clear indication of bleeding, usually within the urinary tract. It can be a really serious infection but the bleeding may stem from the kidneys, ureter, bladder, prostate (males) or urethra. 

This is a situation that needs to be healed with antibiotics. You are panicking but you still don't want to visit your doctor? I wonder why? Do this as soon as possible! 

A lot of people do have a problem - when they see that their urine is red, they immediately start to think that this is a blood. Sometimes it is not. But like others already told you, you need to visit your doctor to see this because you don't know alone what the problem is. I had this situation as well. When I went to see my doctor because of bloody urine, he told me that I am having problems with kidney stones. I had some symptoms, but I didn't pay attention to them. Other symptoms of kidney stones include severe pain usually aggravated when urinating; constant ache and pain in the abdomen especially around the area of the kidneys; nausea and vomiting. This pain can be even worse when you urinate.

Pain, the urgency to urinate a lot, red color - those all are the signs that something is not OK with your urinary tract. It can be urinary tract infection, kidney disease, kidney stone or enlarged prostate. Some other, more serious issue is cancer, for example. 

Some people can't connect red urine with cancer, but it can be. Visible urinary bleeding can be a sign of bladder or prostate cancer. Unfortunately, you may not have signs or symptoms in the early stages, when these cancers are more treatable.

So, whenever you notice something like this don't hesitate and visit your doctor immediately! You wouldn't know what you are dealing with if you don't see your doctor.