Hello. I'm 37 years old and I'm really worried about my best friend’s present health state. About two weeks ago she started to feel some discomfort while urinating and though it is just some trivial urinary infection. Two days after she has contacted her doctor and he found out some specific proteins in her urine and sent her to some specialist who determined that she suffers from some condition called multiple myeloma. I really don’t know anything about this condition but I know that it is very serious. Does anybody knows exactly what important facts should I know about this condition!?

Hi. I'm very sorry because I really don’t have some good news for you. But you deserve to know the truth. The fact is that multiple myeloma is a cancer of the bone marrow. I don’t know how much do you know about this but this is the tissue inside bones that makes red and white blood cells and platelets. This cancer most often occurs in people between the ages of 50 and 70.
Yes, diagnostic direction could be these proteins in urine because bone marrow produces abnormal immunoglobulins that are commonly found in urine. I will tell you something about possible therapy. Chemotherapy is commonly used to control the disease and even. Radiation is also an option!