Hello. I was wondering could anybody help in my searching for some informations. I am 18 year old and have a lot of questions.
In a past of two or three year I’ve heard on TV at least twenty times that somebody is talking about this condition called Multiple Sclerosis.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I don’t like to watch these medical shows on TV I remember this term.
Recently my mother has been diagnosed with this disease.
She didn’t want to tell me in the beginning, but I figure it out because she’s more at home and less at work than ever in her life. I also find some unusual pills in her room. So she admit-she is suffering from multiple sclerosis. I don’t know how serious this condition really is and my mother wont tell me.
Can anybody provide me some important details about this disease?

I’m sorry cause I must to tell you that this is serious disease, but I think, you, as a son, deserve to know the truth.
Multiple sclerosis is a permanent disease that is characterized by a slowly progressive disablement.
Basically, it is condition where your own immune system is attacking its brain tissue. To be more correct, it is attacking spinal cord’s cover and their function is reduced.
The cause of multiple sclerosis is not known.
Usual symptoms of multiple sclerosis are inflammation of optic nerve and paralysis. Since all parts of the nervous system can be attacked, the symptoms may be very different.
Because it is autoimmune disease, there is no it is not possible to cure the disease at the present time. You can also try to relieve its symptoms. Symptoms can be treated with many different medicaments like painkillers, muscle relaxants and antidepressants.
So you know now that it is a very serious disease but patients can live for a long time with it-only if there is present family support so-be there for your mother, help her and everything will be just fine.

I dont know what the big disappointment is. I'm 18, and I have M.S. It isn't the best thing in the world to have, but I rather have M.S. then...oohh...an STD for example. Or even Migraine headaches. %-) Chances are you mother has had M.S. for quite some time now, or even perhaps her whole life, and wasn't diagnosed until that moment. Which isn't one of the best cases because M.S. is progressive, and the later it is diagnosed, the worse it can be. But I know people who have M.S., and have better lives then people who don't. I have a friend who's sister has M.S., and my friend is like, "I am always working, and I get sick, and I have this-and-that while my sister has M.S., and she's sitting there relaxing, and she's doing better than me!" XD It's all about attitude. Best wishes for your mother