Since there's lots of popos here, I thought this would be appreciated. Note also the author is from PA Murphy's Laws For Law Enforcement The speed at which you respond to a fight call is inversely proportional to how long you've been a cop. Tear gas works on cops too, and regardless of wind direction, will always blow back in your face. High speed chases will always proceed from an area of light traffic to an area of extremely heavy traffic. If you know someone who tortures animals and wets the bed, he is either a serial killer or he works for Internal Affairs. Placing a gun back in a shoulder holster with your finger on the trigger will cause you to walk with a limp. If you have 'cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house. If a cop swings a baton in a fight, he will hit other cops more often than he will hit the bad guys he swings at. Domestic arguments will always migrate from an area of few available weapons (living room), to an area with many available weapons (kitchen). If you have just punched out a handcuffed prisoner for spitting at you, you are about to become a star on 'Eyewitness News'. When a civilian sees a blue light approaching at a high rate of speed, he will always pull into the lane the cop needs to use. If you drive your patrol car to the geometric center of the Gobi Desert, within five minutes some dumb civilian will pull along side you and ask for directions. You can never drive slow enough to please the citizens who don't need a cop, and you can never drive fast enough to please the ones who do. On any call, there will always be more 'bad guys' than there are good guys, and the farther away your back-up, the more there will be. The longer you've been a cop, the shorter your flashlight and your temper gets. Whatever you are about to do, if there is a good chance it will get you killed, you probably shouldn't do it. You should never do a shotgun search of a dark warehouse with a cop whose nickname is "Boomer". If a large group of drunk bikers is "holed-up" in a house, the Department will send one officer in a beat car. If there is one biker "holed-up" in a house, they will send the entire S.W.A.T. Team. Submitted by Bill, Narberth, Pa.

man they are so true

I love the club swinging one and the cleared the house one.

BTW- groups of bikers with colors get an escort through town, we do not mess with them, they are some very tough dudes.

A few of these apply to those of us in Fire/EMS too

remember the time Greg we went to west instead of east for the heart attack call and we caught the couple humping...
oops we meant to go to east, sorry

man they are so true BTW- groups of bikers with colors get an escort through town, we do not mess with them, they are some very tough dudes.

Hmmm....time to cut the sleeves off my denim jacket and sew a Simplex patch on the back...a little grease and oil stains...engineer boots...dirty jeans.....vola...police escort :P Gang name?.....how about the "Riff Raffers MC Club".... Oh...and you can't give me a ticket....as I found out last night, a Simplex of my vintage will only go 35 mph...well within your 1910 vehicle code Just kidding Joe.....just kidding.....(please don't slam that cell door on me Joe.... :umno: )

Hmmm....time to cut the sleeves off my denim jacket and sew a Simplex patch on the back...a little grease and oil stains...engineer boots...dirty jeans.....vola...police escort :P Gang name?.....how about the "Riff Raffers MC Club".... Oh...and you can't give me a ticket....as I found out last night, a Simplex of my vintage will only go 35 mph...well within your 1910 vehicle code Just kidding Joe.....just kidding.....(please don't slam that cell door on me Joe.... :umno: ) the section of the vehicle code is 3362 (maximum speed limits)