I don't and rarely leave the office unless it's to go to the local computer store.

If you do, do you like traveling? How often to you do it?

Used to 3-4 times a year. Now it's about once every 2-3 yrs. Don't particlularlymiss it since most trips were to large cities to attend conventions or seminars. Most boring. Did get one good trip to La Jolla California for 5 days for a training class. Class done by 1-2 in afternoon each day, beach time after that. Blew off class the last day.....

One of my favorite aspects of my position is that I'm expected to be out of my office. I like being on the road, jammin to my Poison (oh wait, that's akern)...

I don't travel far though. Went to Nashville last year and I go to Milwaukee two times a month (only about 80 miles south of here)...

Why do you ask?

Why do you ask?
I'm trying to figure out a way to get my company to pay me to travel to meet some Riff-Raffers.

yes - not as much as past years (one year i was in wash DC for six months straight. I usually traveled months at a time - now it is day trips or a two to three day overnighter - atleast twice a month.

i don't mind traveling (it's all paid for)

Only traveling I do is my daily 40-mile commute to and from work, and the occasional trip to Germany my company pays for.

Come to Wisconsin, PH! You will have to go through the Mafia Spanking Machine however though...

No, sadly haha 

Have done none at this job. May be going to the Tampa area for systems training, later in the year though.

Never did any overnight travel, for work, when I did, it was one day trips.

Wouldn't it be known as the Mantilet?
Say....that give me a wonderful idea...
patent pending

This year planning 2 trips to Chicago and one to Phoenix. All for conferences that my company conducts.

I hope to to be asked to do an overnight in D.C. to our other office.

It's a novelty for me; I enjoy it. I try to schedule an extra afternoon or even a whole day if I'm able because I work sooo hard when traveling. It's difficult for my kids because it's so infrequent/no routine for it.

What a timely question. I am not suppose to travel, but I do. As a matter of fact I think I will be heading out the door the end of this week or the beginning of next. Indy here I come. I really don't like traveling for work. It throws off my training schedule.

In my previous life, I travelled a lot. It was fun at first, but it quickly got to be a chore. It's really tough when you have little ones at home.

Now I travel infrequently, but I still don't like it much. I might think differently if I got to meet up with acquaintences though. That would take the sting out of business travel, I think.

Looove it....

In a marriage saving move though, I did give up a job I had a couple years, on the verge of becoming "a lifer". I was on the road 70% of the time and out of town 33% of the time. Now I'm off to a conference, seminar, or other things about 10 times a year, which is enough to quench my thirst for the road.

Like prohemp mentions...nothin' like livin' on the company tab

I did at my previous company - we always had different engagements (government consulting/auditing). It got me out of the house (my home life was not real happy then) so I thought it was great. I would do it a bit now, not that much, however.