Owning the gym makes bodies my business I guess. I like to promote both heart health as well as being/looking physically fit. I hear people in the gym always commenting to others "you look great" etc. I also hear this from members and friends about myself as I'm sure you all do to. However, why does it mean more to me personally if a comment like that comes from a female and not a male? Not that it doesn't flatter me or I don't appreciate comments like that from the mins cuz I do. I think it's cuz generally speaking it's more difficult for us wimmins to maintain/achieve that physically fit look then it is the mins. And maybe we have higher standards for ourselves then the men would have for us, I don't know. And how bout you mins? Say you're in the gym or at a race and you are approached and told you're in great shape by both a guy and a girl. Do you take each comment equally or does one mean more than the other? Does anybody even care? :wiggle: I know y'all are shocked to hear a serious topic from me so :moon: just for good measure. :wavey:

I take comments equally. They were few and far between for a long time, and it's still hard for me to believe them at all.

Take the comment equally and thank them

Getting a compliment from the same gender always means more. Men judge other men tough, but woman down right kill each other. If Lucy says another woman looks good, I ask her to repeat it into microphone so I can replay it later so I can make sure I heard it correctly.

Additionally, if a man tells you you look good, pig. If a woman tells you you look good, you know she isn't coming on to you. (NTTAWWT)

BTW, you look marvelous.

Sheldon

I also take the compliments (and criticisms) equally... I think we have a trend here.

Of course there is a pecking order for me with compliments in the running/fitness scheme. In order, lowest to highest -

- Total strangers (like someone I start a conversation with at a race)

- Friends

- Riff Raffers

- My coach

(notice I did not put my wife in the above - she's required to say these things. A perpetual pity post, if you will. )

I find that most, not all, women would prefer to cut another woman down so they are less likely to complement them on how they look. So, if I get a compliment from a woman, I do take it to heart...probably more so than if I would get one from a man (though I like that too!)

I thoroughy enjoy getting comments from the ladies. Especially ones who are younger. (Yes, it has happened)

I guess it means more when a person of your own gender can put aside a natural tendency to be envious and comments on your looks.

I just say thanks.

But I rarely compliment others. I'm too busy checkin' myself out.

Take em equally here also. I get embarrassed by it most of the time.

Definitely take compliments from a woman to heart much more than from a man.

People in real life don't compliment me. I have to post my pictures on the internet to get anybody to say anything. For reals.

I take them when I can get them.

It means more from peers. So if another athlete comments, it means more.

:1:
I normally stammer out a ,"thank you."
but i like the ones from the ladies better. :D

It doesn't actually happen to me. Though my wife told me that my pants made me look fat last night (i had long johns and shorts on underneath, too).

If a guy came up to me and said I was looking good, it is either a genuine compliment and I'm really looking good, or he's coming on to me.

Having a random woman say it would probably make me feel better, though.

Now we know you have been married long enough to know how to answer that question if your lovely wife asks you.