What is the proper seat height for a bike? Just a little bend at the knee? almost no bend? What ever is most comfortable?

I think when you are on the seat and with your low foot you drop your heal all the way down, there should be slight bend with the knee. It should not be locked. Too high and I'd think you'd rub yourself raw. Too low and you're in for knee trouble. A bike shop can actually put you on a trainer and measure and do stuff with a pointy weight on a string (industry term ) to put it at the right height based on where your knees are in relation to your toes/pedals, etc. Thats how I've done it in the past, of course since then I've raised it a teeny bit as I have a theory it gradually works itself down...

This is for the stationary bike at the health club. I think I had the seat a little high last night. I will see if they have a pointy weight on a string to do stuff with. (not to be confused with a plum bob ) I will definitley lower the seat tonight, my knee is a little sore today.

Another test is to pedal with your one heel on the pedal. If your hips rock to keep contact your seat is to high.

According to my bike guy, 30 degree knee bend.