When you are running with a group do you have a particular area of the group that you like to run

I seem to run better when I am at the front. I seem to use the pack to push me along as opposed to trying to be pulled along. If I am dead tired then I will drop to the back but otherwise I feel better if I am at the front.

I really haven't training ran in a group since High School, and I preferred the mid-pack. I have done a couple of group runs with some other Riff Raffers, and I always seemed to be at the front.

I've never ran a training run with a group, but I would probably be in the middle some where.

I've never run with a group, but I'm a frontrunner.

My training pace has quickened recently so I tend to stay at or near the front of the group

I think it depends on what the group is trying to achieve. If its a AYF run we tend to swap around and talk over the latest football, cricket and race results, (horses) its just a social thing like going down to the pub.

I run a lot of Sausage sessions with my junior's 15 to 20 year olds (only way I can keep up ) it caters for all abilities and still the best form of group training session ever invented.

I've never run with a group before, but I have a feeling I'd like solo better anyway.

anywhere but midpack. On group runs I'm usually headed up front and oblivious to the fact that the group is falling behind.....or I'm in the back concentrating on my social time. I don't do well midpack as I can be a clumsy runner and elbow people

I haven't had many opportunities to run with a group, but when I have usually what happens is the middle group is broken up into several little groups. During running camp, I'd pair up with a guy who was my same speed and we'd do the long run together. Seems everyone did this. The faster people raced eachother. :)

i've run with groups in xc, but prefer running by myself so i can hear music (stupid no music rule)
i'll be way ahead of the other ( lazy no year round runners) girls in the long runs, but in the front to middle on shorter ones

Either at the front, or mid-pack. It's hard for me to rejoin the group after I drop off, and setting the pace isn't the easiest thing for me, so being in the mid back is best.

I prefer running from the back when the run starts out. It gives me more motivation when I get past others. More of a race feel to me.