For 2 years now, I feel muscle aches all over my body during sleep every now and then. And the strange thing is that the aches magically disappear if I wake myself up. I also noticed that sitting still for too long makes me ache. I have to fidget and wiggle or walk around to relieve the discomfort. Also, I've been getting increasingly tired over the past 5 years. I have energy when out and busy (but energy feels like it's comming from coffee and I should be resting). When at home, I can EASILY fall asleep just by watching TV (it takes a really good TV show to keep me up awake). There's some talk going around saying that sleep apnea may be linked to speech problems and childhood ADHD. And since my docs wanted to diagnose me with ADHD as a child, and I had problems with stuttering and pronounciating words clearly, and I do believe I wake up with a dry mouth and throat and headache 2-3 times per week, that maybe I should get sleep study? But a PA who saw me said that maybe I should see a shrink, because I do suffer GAD since childhood (and it runs in my family) and that may be why I'm tired and achy all the time. She said that my blood work shows that I'm healthy. I dont drink alcohol, caffienated beverages, smoke or any drug. Can you help me?

I don't smoke or do drugs or alcohol or cx rink caffeinated drinks

Health Advisor

Hello, Bruce (or should I say Batman :-D).

It is very good chance that your PA is right and GAD are causing your night muscle aches. You should visit a psychiatrist as soon as possible to find out. The most important reason for that is that your blood picture doesn't show any other sickness.

Are there any unpleasant events you experienced before muscle aches starts which can be cause of that? Any bad memories that could worsen your GAD? 

Tiredness and inability to remain on one place for a certain amount of time also points toward GAD. 

But, at the end, only psychiatrist can give you professional opinion about this matter. And, after you know what is wrong with you, maybe you should be more relaxed and aches will be gone.

Im BATMAN LOL

I don't think or I don't know if I experience any event that can cause my aches during. And don't forget, it happens when I'm sleeping and it magically disappear (or reduce) if I wake myself up.

My anxiety and panic attacks come from major events, like school test, jury duty, doc visits, etc. I also get anxiety when my environment changes, like goin from a loud room a quiet room. I remember I used to HATE it when my teachers would change the room to look different; worst feeling in the world.

Is it possible that one could be anxious without feeling any fear or worries? (Like having anxieties for no reason)

Health Advisor

It's quite possible, because people tend to keep stress inside them. That way, anxiety manifests unconsciously and you cannot be aware of it.
It's very likely that your brain wants to send you some message. Because of that you have night aches, when body tends to relax.
So, I think that you need to go to the shrink.