Hey :-)

I have issues sleeping at night and usually fall asleep around 3-5am and sometimes 8am. I don't sleep during the day at all and I walk around like a zombie. I wake up at 8:30 usually, so sometimes I only get a half hour of sleep. I think the most I've slept in a long time is an average of 3 hours. I'm a gymnast so it doesn't help that I'm exhausted. Any advice? :-(

Hey! I'm not a gymnast but I love the gymnastics :-) . I understand how it is important for you to get a good night sleep. Depending on individual anxiety levels and environmental stressors in your life, the natural sleep process can be easily disturbed by stressful events which, in turn, lead to further stress and fatigue. . You could try some alternative ways to get sleepy. There are some herbal remedies for sleep. Chamomile and Lavender are often used for relaxation and can be found in many forms including sprays and oils that will scent the bed and bedroom. By trying to create an environment that is conducive to sleep, the mind and body are encouraged to connect and prepare for a restful night. There is aromatherapy which uses essential oils that are prepared for individual requirements. The effect of the oils and the calming action of the massage create a sensation of relaxation, calm and comfort that help encourage sleep. Smell is a powerful sense and different scents may help recapture memories of more peaceful times and a sense of wellbeing. In Chinese Medicine there are around 6,000 herbs used to treat a number of conditions and restore harmony. I hope this will help you and you'll get better soon.

As April O pointed out, sleep rhythm can easily be disturbed by anxiety, stress or recent uncommon events. But, with sleep issues key question is – How long does this insomnia last? Have you tried talking to someone about this problem? I’m sure you are well aware that a person just can’t function without sleep. You just enter into a cycle where you aren’t capable of doing things successfully because you’re too tired, than you get anxious about it, although you may not be even aware of it, and this anxiety just makes it harder for you to sleep normally. If other methods like herbal teas and relaxation methods don’t work, you should consider going to a specialist who can prescribe you something safe that will help you rest.

Have you any kind of stress/anxiety? Are you thinking so much about little things?

Drink chlorophyll and olive oil (a large gulp of each) and wash it down with warm water (preferably with a good strong squirt of real lemon in it) - then lay on your left side - you will sleep like a baby. This combination does such wonderful things for all your internal organs that you will also have pleasant dreams. Works every time for me - without fail.