hi,this is my first post,ive always suffered with anxiety and depression and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder,whether im bipolar or not i dont know? but this past 8-12 months whenever i drink alcohol i wake up the next morning i am absolutely bouncing off the walls (a word i would use is manic) during this time i have been known to do stupid things (drove my car) or i go back out to the pub before i have had chance to sober up from the night before,at the same time i have that panic attack feeling trying to take over me,which is horrible.After this first day feeling manic i then get anxiety and depression to the point where i dont leave my room,i find it very difficult to even talk to someone,never mind perform properly at work.The change in me is so drastic that it is just not normal.I realise that i probably shouldnt be drinking but i still get anxiety to the point that it is debilatating even when not on 1 of these 7 day hangovers,i suppose why im writing on here is to try and find out if this could be part of some underlying disorder,any answers or even talking to someone who is also going through this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Hi there, I can tell you that if you're drinking alcohol and you have anxiety then you are making things harder on you--believe me, as someone who suffers from GAD, I should know. Alcohol actually destroys vitamin B6, which in turn produces serotonin, which as anxious people we already have in low supply. If you are drinking, you are literally making yourself depressed, which explains why you have a manic phase and then a depressive one. Is there anyway you can stop drinking alcohol? I think that's a good idea. What do you think?