What does it mean when your lower back "GOES OUT"? :(

In my case when this happened it was from spasms of the muscles that go from the lower spine just over the hip around to the front. Weakness there from being overweight causes this muscle to be pulled and when stretched too much it "snaps back" or spasms, a sharp shearing pain that gradually subsides into a deep ache that makes it hard to do anything but either lay flat or stand up straight--depending on which muscles have spasmed will determine which movements hurt. This also includes inflammation of the area that is helped by applying moist heat, rest and anti-inflammatory medications.

Physical therapy, massage and exercise later to strengthen the muscles helped to prevent it in the future, and walking was the best exercise for me.

Hello joy,

hope you have recovered by now! I've seen how it looks like and I have to say, this kind of back pain is something I wouldn't want on anyone. Usually, the phrase "gone out" is used to describe the moment of very strong, acute pain that is most often caused by the sprained muscle ligament. This can happen because of some rapid movement and the pain is usually very strong and proportional to the injury. This means that the more ligament is damaged, the more chances you will have for this injury to happen again.

At first you won't be able to do much, but to find the position the pain is most tolerable in - it's usually lying flat or standing straight. After that massages and pain killers will help with the rest.

My lower back went out on me and I hit the floor please help