Hello. I'm 47 year old male and I have some problems to discuss with you. About six months ago I have experienced one serious car accident in which I injured my leg and my back, but luckily my wife didn’t get a scratch. Anyway, doctors only paid attention to my broken leg but I didn’t do any X-ray of my back. After about four months I started to get these terrible pains in my back and there was even days when I couldn’t get up from my bed.
I have contacted my GP again and after MRI and X-ray scan he has determined that I suffer from some condition called spondylolisthesis.
I really don’t know anything about this condition and some extra information would be more then appreciated.

I know some information about this condition but I must tell you that it could be very serious. By its definition- spondylolisthesis is a forward slip of one vertebra relative to another and it usually occurs towards the base of your spine in the lumbar area.
It can cause strong pains but it can be unnoticed for years.
Pain usually spreads across the lower back, and may feel like a muscle strain. The best treatment is operation but initial treatment for spondylolisthesis should be always conservative including massage, acupuncture and anti-inflammatory medications.
Talk with your general practitioner and see what your options are.