Here is my problem & i've yet to fnd a solution.
thought maybe I'd post it on some running/athletiv foums to get some feedback.

I have a bad ankle...been sprained a half dozen times.
& i often have pain in it after athletic activity & or long periods of standing or walking.

my main activity is basketball.

now my problem is this..... i wear arch supports/non custom orthotics.
they help a lot with my bad arches, & if i play without them i get this BAD pain in my arches...bad enough that i have to quit.

but if i try to wear an ankle brace to help minimize my ankle pain along with the arch support i also get this arch pain.
i'm not sure if it because the brace & arch support are too much for my arch....or if its that i'm using a too aggressive arch support.

i just want to know if its possible to be able to wear an ankle brace along with an arch support/orthotic.

I had a Dr. tell me that i should just use the brace cause that help with your arch & using just the brace with not over strain my arch.

I have tried that & just using the brace, is not enough...i get the same pain that used to get when i would go without the arch support

so i don't know what to do.

Arch and ankle pain is actually coming from the muscles of your lower leg, especially the tibialis anterior (along the length of the shin bone) and the peroneals (on the very outside of your lower leg). The TA crosses over the front of your ankle and inserts into your arch, and the peroneals come down, go behind your ankle and then insert on the long bones of your foot straight up from the pinky toe and also goes across the arch and inserts into the long bone that is straight up from the big toe.

When you sprain an ankle you first overstretch these muscles and then they snap back into spasms that are found about 2-3" below your knee. There are several good ways to treat these muscles but since I can't do HTML I can't put a picture here to show you. Try sitting with your leg straight out and put your opposite heel directly on top of the muscle close up to your knee. Then press down and slide all the way to your ankle. Do this several times.

I have a book I wrote called "The Pain-Free Triathelte" that has been teachng athletes for years how to do these self treatments. It's great to know how to self-treat because you can then do the treatments frequently and as deep as you can tolerate. This forces out the lactic acid and draws blood into the area. The blood then heals the muscles and you are again pain-free.

It will take you a few days to totally get rid of this problem because you have had it for a long period of time, but you will be able to do it.

Wishing you well,
Julie Donnelly

Well, you must be consult to a physician that are master in bone. So it can see what kind of medicine can apply in ankle pain. This forces out the lactic acid and draws blood into the area. The blood then heals the muscles and you are again pain-free.

Just see a doctor!Ankle pain is not something to be taken lightly. Complications could arise if you delay getting proper medical treatment following an injury.

It is important for every athlete to be fit and should feel pain in any area of body. being athlete if you are suffering any kind of pain than you must take help from *** advertising links not allowed ***. they even consider insurance therefore take help from them.

Physio's can work wonders with this kind of thing. it will be the best $60 you ever spend!

..................
Goals
Sub 39min 10k
Blog - Winter Running Jackets

It is quite possible you developed scar tissue in the area. As with the other posts, see a pediotrist and follow their recommendations.
You may be able to feel results with some physical therapy.
Best of luck!

An experienced Podiatrist will custom make orthotics after assessing your gait and anatomy. The correct design features will be built into the device. It sounds like you need some lateral stability at heel strike (done with a suitable post on the orthotic) and possibly a reverse mortons extension on the front of the orthotic, which will promote the windlass effect, promote high gear toe off and reduce traction on the plantar fascia (arch pain ).