A week prior to my period, I experienced some spotting (brownish-reddish blood - light flow) for about 1 and a half days. I didn't think nothing of this, and I quickly dismissed it although this hasn't happened to me before. Usually, before my period I experience cramping that lingers for a day or to before my period visits me in her full blown glory. I've been having dull, throbbing cramps that visit me periodically, and then magically disappear, which puzzles me. I'm currently four days late on my period (I have a 28-30 day cycle). My breasts aren't overly tender, but they are enlarged and are sore on the sides, which puzzles me even more. When I am about to get my period, my breasts feel extremely heavy. I took a HPT last night, and I got a BFN - but I also drank a lot of water that day, as I was nauseated earlier and needed to otherwise I would have puked. I am not on the pill, and I have engaged in sexual intercourse a couple of times a couple of weeks before. Is there still a possibility of pregnancy? I'm going to wait on the 1st (which would indicate I'm a week late) and either re-test, or schedule an appointment with my OB/GYN to see if my body's alright. Has anyone been pregnant, despite getting a BFN? I'm puzzled. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and my apologies for the overly long post (:

Happy Holidays!

Pregnancy tests don't always pick up the pregnancy hormone. Sometimes women take them wrong. Drinking a lot of water and having diluted urine would also give you a negative reading. Try again when you have dehydrated urine.

All I can say is that if you see an OB/GYN no matter what, they would be able to tell you what's going on. I suggest you make an appointment.

OK, so what if i had sex about 2 weeks ago. And I was suppose to start my period about a week ago. Could I be pregnant? I am kinda having some "pregnancy" symptoms but I fear it could be from something else. I have been experiencing fatigue, but with the fatigue I'm tired but I can't sleep. Also I have been experiencing nausea on and off. And obviously a week late period. But no swollen or sensitive breast. No appetite cravings. Also the last couple days i have been experiencing Dyspnea (difficulty breathing). I noticed it usually comes at night. It got so bad last night that i had to go to the hospital. In whuch they took a chest X-ray and an EKG. Both came out perfectly normal. So i am a little confused and scared. Could I still be pregnant or is there something else wrong with me??