Hello everyone,

I am suffering from depression and so far I refused to take antidepressants because of all the bad things that I have heard about them. However, just recently I've started having this constant shakiness in my hands and I have no idea how to stop this.

I am writing this to ask if anyone here might know if antidepressants can help with this, if they could stop my hands from shaking. If they can, I will probably start using them because I cannot stand my hands to shake. Please, if you know anything regarding this matter, let me know.

Hello there. Before you do any of those things, you should really try to understand constant shakiness in your hands. When you understand it totally, I think that you will find the best way to heal it and to treat it.

Anxiety and depression can definitely cause your hands shaking. But I just don't know why people immediately want to take antidepressants? I believe that antidepressants are the last option, I would use them only when nothing can't help me.

Did you consult your doctor about this issue? I recommend you to try to exercise instead. I am sure that this will be helpful. 

Hey Guest,

I don't think that antidepressants can help you treat shakiness in your hands. Even if they could, you shouldn't be using them just to treat it, you know.

There are some medications which are used to treat shakiness in hands but they are not really necessary since this shakiness should go away on its own. However, if you really want some medications to stop this from happening, you should ask your doctor to recommend something for you, or you can as well just ask in the pharmacy for some beta blockers - these are used to treat shakiness in hands.

I like the thing that Stressed or Depressed mentioned above about exercising. I searched over the internet for you regarding what could help with shakiness in your hands and I only saw recommendations regarding medications. However, I think that Stressed or Depressed has a good point and that exercising could help you with both depression and shakiness in your hands. As a matter of fact, I think that exercising can help you with most of the things in life, but it will definitely keep your mind and your body healthy, which is the main part out of all of this, am I not right?

Hey guys. Thank you for sharing so many useful information with me. I am really sure that some of those information will be good for me. Now, about those exercise moments. I don't know what kind of exercises you are thinking about, because I was playing sports all my life and I was going to gym. But as soon as I started to be depressed, I felt really bad about this so I quit. So, I don't know are the exercises good thing for me or will they be able to help me about this. The problem is that I started to be depressed even if I was playing sports all the time. But I really can't stand this constant shakiness in the hands. I really can't.

Hi Guest,

That is kind of weird to me, you see, if you ask me, exercising should be able to help you fight depression. It is always good to spend your energy in one way or another and you always feel good afterwards, I really find it weird that exercising didn't help you. Maybe you are suffering from the more severe type of depression than you actually thought.

Well, anyway, regarding the shakiness in your hands, antidepressants certainly won't help you with it. There are some drugs specially made for this matter, like others told you already, and you should ask in the pharmacy about these. Good luck.

Hey Guest. I understand that you are worried about this, but shakiness in the hands are something that usually can happen to depressed people. For example - me! I always have this shakiness in my hands and I can tell you that this can be very uncomfortable. Especially when you are somewhere out, in the public. 

I was not using any kind of antidepressants to help me deal with it, because I already told you, I am really scared of side - effects. Maybe those pills could help someone, but I prefer to eat clean, eat healthy.

People were laughing at me because of this, but it helped me. It really did.

Hey there. Feeling shaky is a common sign of anxiety and depression. Remember that feeling shaky very often or all the time is a very common symptom of anxiety, and one that most people have experienced at some point in their life when they are fighting depression. It's sometimes possible for shaking to be the only symptom, or one of the first symptoms people notice when they're feeling nervous. There are ways to reduce the shakiness, but unfortunately surging adrenaline makes it hard to control completely. So you should try to deal with it in advance. OK, maybe some antidepressants will help, but you really should consult your doctor about it. Drinking water can help a lot, so whenever you start to shake drink it. It helps.