Hi.

My good friend is struggling with the depression lately. Because she is pretty much new at this she is really stressed and she is out of herself. I can't even recognize her anymore. 

I am aware that she is dealing with some personal problems, and I do believe that there is the main reason of her depression - her personal problems. Of course, like many of us, she doesn't want to talk about it.

She doesn't want to see her doctor, she believes that antidepressants are going to kill her so I want to know are there any natural cures for depression caused by personal problems?

Good day. You can recommend him some diet program because those diet programs are build in order to help a person who is struggling with a depression. I know that a lot of people just doesn't believe that food can be one of the natural antidepressants, but it can trust me. I know from my own experience. Eating foods with serotonin-enhancing changed my life. Serotonin-enhancing foods include all the foods that are rich and high in omega 3 fatty acids, and all the healthy fats, such as coconut oil. Try to tell this to him, trust me, he's got nothing to lose. 

I like the fact that she is against antidepressants. She might not be right when thinking that these will kill her but it is definitely a smart decision to not use these if you ask me.

You should go to the pharmacy and ask about some teas that are made specially for people suffering from depression. They kind of have the same effect as some medications but the good thing about these teas is that these are 100% natural. 

Exercising works great against fighting depression, if you can make her go running or start going to the gym, either one will work great.

I am not sure that she can fight this on her own. People who are fighting depression all on their own rarely win, and they eventually say that depression is just a part of them and that they can't do anything about it. I honestly think that she needs help, whether it be from a friend of hers, her boyfriend, or a psychologist, which would probably be the best option.

If she still insists on fighting this on her own, she needs to start exercising, she needs to think about what caused her depression, that is the main thing: once she figures it out, it shouldn't be hard to get over it.

It doesn't matter what caused your depression, the treatment is the same, but it is highly recommend that the person suffering from depression talks to a psychologist about this.

Since you are asking about natural cures, there is something to talk about here, but these things alone are not going to treat anyone's depression, they can just make you feel slightly better.

There are teas, specially made for people who are suffering from depression. Exercising is very, very important and has a huge effect on people suffering from depression. A good diet can also be very important for people who are fighting depression.

Generally, I believe that every depression is usually caused by some personal problems, but that doesn't matter at all. I never believed when someone told me that eating healthy can help me with my anxiety, but it is true.

So, that is my first advice. Second is that you need to exercise.

But you need to know that there is no magic diet that can fix your depression. Of course,  It's a good idea to watch what you eat, to take control over your daily menu.. If depression tends to make you overeat, getting in control of your eating will help you feel better. Cook food that contains omega 3 fatty acids and proteins.

Good luck. 

Hey. I can see that someone is against antidepressants, but I am not. I am on antidepressants and without them my life wouldn't make a sense at all. I think that there is no natural cure for me that can help me fight my depression. Anyway, natural cures combined with my antidepressants are totally different story. So, I am also eating healthy, I started to exercise and to have long, long walks. Also, you need to have good sleep and you need to sleep enough. Find the best way to get into your daily routine and very soon, you will see that everything is ok. Tell this to your friend. Good luck.

Look, depressed people are very sad. And it is hard for them to get in some daily routine or to try something new, that is going to make them feel much better. So, you have issues with depression as well, as I can see, so you can help your friend.

For example, try to convince her to do something new. She needs to push herself to do something different, something that is fun. You should, for example, go to the museum or tell her to pick up some good book from the library. Take some language class. There are so many options.