Guys, does this happened to you? Here is what is going on with me and so far I believe that I am the only one who has problems with this. So, to cut long story short, I am diagnosed with chronic depression and having shock feeling when almost asleep. At the beginning, it happened to me every third week, but lately it is happening to me very often. And I don't think that I will be able to stand this anymore.

Anyone in here is dealing with the same thing? If you do, is there any chance to tell me what is this? 

Hi love. You must be really scared during those depression attacks. Especially because you have those shock feelings. What type of shock feelings you have most of the time?

My good friend is having those attacks for over 5 years now. He generally believed that he is having those feelings because of the depression, but than he went to see his doctor and he told him that he has calcium - magnesium deficiency, so he gave him some pills. Now he is coping with it very good. Maybe you should see your doctor as well, maybe it is not connected with depression at all.

Hi there. Look, Hannah, isn't magnesium deficiency directly connected with depression? Somehow I believe that it is. So basically, we are spinning around, right? 

Some people will say that this is normal, that depressed people have shock feelings when they are almost asleep but I disagree. I don't think that this is something that is normal and that is should be left untreated. Think about this, your friend is having those attacks for five years. It doesn't matter does he have those attacks every night or not, but that really affects a good dream and sleep and that is what matters, right? 

Hey guys. Hey you two. Thank you for trying to help me. Well, I really don't know what is it about but I just know that I can't cope with it. At least, not anymore. I get up from my bed really early in the morning, sometimes I don't even sleep because I don't know what is going on. Sometimes I am really afraid to sleep. Those shock feelings won't go away, no matter what I do. Now, I don't know is it because of magnesium in my blood and body or something else is causing it, but I don't know what to do. Do you have some natural cures for this, some cures that can help me sleep better? I just can't anymore....

I disagree with you, mrs Sick and Tired, this is quite a normal thing to be happening to people who are suffering from depression, every doctor and psychologist will tell you the same thing.

I have a relative who is suffering from depression and she had these brain shock feelings when trying to sleep, it really created some problems for her at the beginning. She went to speak with her doctor and he told her to start taking some medications for this matter. As soon as she started to take these medications these brain shock feelings disappeared, I'll ask her which medications were these.

This was happening to me for quite some time. I went to talk to my doctor and he didn't really give me any pills for this matter, I am wondering now if my doctor is a good one? But I didn't know that I was suffering from depression back then, my doctor kind of realized it so he told me to talk to a psychologist, that is how I found out that I was struggling with depression. I am all better now, thank God, but I know how awful these shock feelings were, they didn't let me sleep at all back then.

He is probably not a bad doctor, he didn't give you any pills because he wasn't certain that what you were dealing with was caused by depression, that is why he told you to talk to a psychologist. The medications that everyone is talking about, the ones for treating these shock feelings when trying to sleep are just antidepressants, the medications which are always used to treat depression in general. Most of the people start using them as soon as they are diagnosed with depression so they don't really have to deal with these shock feelings, that means you should start using these as well.

I personally don't like medications, especially not antidepressants because of what they do to you (I hope that you know what antidepressants do to you if you decide to take them), but if these shock feelings are really giving you a hard time, so hard that you are having a lot of trouble to fall asleep, then you should probably try to treat this with antidepressants. I am almost 100% sure that antidepressants will be able to give you a relief from these shock feelings but the one thing that I am concerned about are the bad sides of antidepressants, you should look these up.