I'm suffering from migraine headaches since my late teen years and despite all the medications i tried before, my migraines are still pretty bad. The two days I have the attack I pretty much can’t do anything because I’m nauseous and vomit, I can't walk because I get too dizzy and my head is throbbing with unbearable pain. Since I’ve already tried most of the 'anti-migraine' medications and even beta blockers and antidepressants, my doctor suggested I start with Plavix.

All I found out about this medication that it has been effective for some people suffering from migraines, but I also saw a clear warning that it might cause strokes and 'mini-strokes', which got me bit scared. Has anyone been on Plavix? Is it effective for preventing migraine attacks and how common are these stroke side effects?