I need help from someone, please. My fiance has been having chronic, almost debilitating prostate pain for months now. It's causing him to miss work, and most importantly it is greatly reducing our quality of life. It is impossible for us to get up and enjoy things because of his pain, and there is nothing we can do to make it stop. More recently, the symptoms have included incontinence as well. There is major swelling in his prostate area in general.

He has been to doctors and the emergency room at least 6 times about this, and each time we get the same response/treatment: prostate exam yielding little results (they say he is slightly swollen), urine tests coming out clean COMPLETELY, and a prescription of pain killers and antibiotics which do nothing. Each treatment is the exact same each time that we go, and it's starting to weigh on us heavily. He has been given Cipro and Doxycycline multiple times now, and even though it does nothing the doctors keep giving it to him. The pain killers help mildly, but they only act as a band-aid. We also don't want to run the risk of him getting dependent on pills to reduce his pain.

The emergency room doctors have suggested going to a urologist, obviously. But we do not have insurance, and the visits where we are from run hundreds to thousands of dollars, and we simply can not afford this (especially because of all of the work he's had to miss as a result). We need help. I need to know what I can do or what he can do until we can get him to a urologist. If there are any cheaper remedies, exercises, etc. that anyone can suggest, please do! I just ordered some Saw Palmetto for him, and we have already used methods like a heating pad and hot bath to soothe. But I need more ideas because nothing we have done yet has helped.

Hi Frustrated,

I wish I could offer more, but the urologist IS your best resource.  They specialize in this area.  The other doctors don't.

Often, low grade infections can cause pain and swelling, many times the cause is never found.  It can last for months.

Good luck.

If antibiotics can't help, the herbal medicine named Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill can help you. This pill can help to cure prostate problems effectively and doesn't have any side effects. .. I hope it can help you.