After a few weeks of trying to take care of him, endless hospital visits and GPs my boyfriend disappeared and was actually 'missing' for a few days. He eventually walked into a police station and asked for help. He was taken to hospital and detained under Section 2 of the Mental Health Act. I think he is schizophrenic. I've seen him once (at the weekend) and he wasn't very communicative. He has been having paranoid delusions about me but did agree to see me and in some small ways reassured me that he cared. Despite all this I only really want him to be well so he can choose his own path, so shouldn't really be selfish to even think about how I feel but it hurts. Today I called him and he said he didn't want me to visit again as 'we're not together'. He hasn't been responding to anyone on the phone I had to call the hospital phone to get him to speak to me. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with him, but his mother and his brother have had mental health problems in the past, and now him. He has no where to go when he leaves hospital and they will not let him go to live on his own. He was living with me before this. I do not think he should be with his mother as she has always brought him down and he and his brother do not get on despite obviously loving each other. Help!!!!! I really need to talk to someone who might know how I am feeling and what is best to do for him, and for me.... If I just walk away (I'm not sure I can) he will have to stay in hospital indefinitely, but doesn't seem to want me to look after him anyway!

I read one psychiatric doctor who refused seeing any new patient until they were entirely free all processed white sugar, bleached white Flour, corn sirup etc. Made sense to me. They are poisons to all animals. Makes them crazy. Animals are smarter than humans. They don't eat sugar, drink sodas, or eat at mcdonalds.

I totally understand your point. My boyfriend is in hospital as we speak after disappearing. He's left me without a penny as all the benefits are in his name, I'm going to get evicted and everything. I have absolutely no rights. He won't even allow his doctors to discuss his case with me. I had a phone call from him and he gave me all kinds of abuse. I know that that's not what he really thinks but I can't help feel heartbroken. I'd do anything for him and he doesn't even want to see me.

Sometimes, you cannot help who does not want to be helped. I am assuming he is a grown man. I am assuming his family is his guardian/caregiver. All you can do is to check from time to time to see, if there is anything you can do to help and if that person or family is willing to let you. If he is paranoid or if others are causing him to feel more paranoid, there is nothing you can do; except to be in the hospital. They will take care of him. Try to develop a better relationship with just him when he gets better there. I would be patient and not be pushy and not talk with his family members; in developing your relationship.