I have huge problem with my father because this morning he complains about sudden chest pain. Problem is that he never had something similar so I am worried. Could anyone tell me what does sudden chest pain means? Could it be dangerous and does it require immediate doctors check up? I would like to hear anything you could tell me, he is 55 years old and he is not diagnosed with some serious disease.

You should know that chest pain is one of the most common reasons people call for emergency medical help. Every year emergency room doctors evaluate and treat millions of people for sudden chest pain. Fortunately, chest pain does not always signal a heart attack, as many people are afraid. Often chest pain is unrelated to any heart problem, but even if the chest pain your father experienced has nothing to do with cardiovascular system, the problem may still be important. That is why it would be worth the time spent in an emergency room to have his sudden chest pain evaluated. Chest pain is an extremely serious symptom because it may indicate an immediate heart attack, so I would definitely recommend him doctor’s check up. Because of the risk of heart attack, anyone with sudden chest pain should seek emergency professional medical attention immediately. It is also common for people to misdiagnose chest pain as something milder, such as heartburn or angina. Another common cause of sudden chest pain is a panic attack or anxiety attack, where it is common people rush to the hospital.