After sex I have a dull ache/pain in the anal/prostate/colon area for a few hours afterwards. Also have dull irritation of colon after a BM. I think it is all to do with stress and pelvic floor tension. I sit for long hours at work and only get out to exercise once a week of late. Diet is excellent and limited alcohol intake.
When I do take alcohol, I notice a sensation in the same area, as though there is a dilation effect taking place, it starts with the second gulp of wine or beer, very strange.
Anyone to comment? Would like to hear what others have experienced and if they have found a doctor that actually was able to diagnose and cure.

I have similar symptoms and am wondering what might be going on. My dull ache/pain in the anal/prostate/colon area is most of the time now. I also sit at my desk all day. I don't really get much cardio exercise, but I am always active around the house, never sitting very much except at work. My diet isn't perfect, and I drink beer a couple times a week. Maybe I need to change some of these things?

I've have this same problem..Take amitriptylene (at bedtime) and masturbate daily or at least every other day. You need to excerise the prostate regularly...If you are have intercourse and trying to stop organism (blue balls) that can cause the pain too or not having organism regularly..

I had simular problems for years.
It evolved into a very painful prostate experience. I went to an urologist and had an ultrasound of my rectum.
He said i needed more sex, not only by myself but with my partner (Since our sexlife was noneexistent i did the work myself).
He also said that during intercorce we empty much more from our prostate than during masturbation, and i had to make a choise.
"CHANGE YOUR SEXLIFE OR ENDURE THE PAIN".
My wife did not except this solution and a couple of years later we devorced for this reason.
Now with my second wife all my pain is gone. It didn't take much once a week is all i need.
My prostate is happy and i am happy.

I had simular problems for years.
My prostate is happy and i am happy. ;-)

It also could be caused by an old STD that was never cured.

For those who are having pains during sex at their anus area that could be a sign your prostate has to be checked by a urologist. Could be just a small problem or could be a big one. If you are over 45 you must get a "digital" inspection. This is to check for a swollen prostate and a PSA test should be included. Hopefully you will not be told there is cancer in that area but regardless it has to be done. You can avoid a load of problems in the future if you get checked out sooner than latter.

:-) Thanks for the info..am sure my dull ache due to not having had sex in a long while...

I have the exact same symptoms - Tons of pain and lower large colon irritation/pain (feeling of soreness) for days afterwards.  I did have orgasms regularly during the development of symptoms. I ALSO like the others sit a lot for work (10-12 hours a day on my pc working) i'm male 25 and it's getting worse. 

I was questionably diagnosed with prostatitis when I was 21 - again questionable as I was told by another doctor no.  Has anyone ever tried or found a cure or anything that stopped this spasm like pain that occurs during and after sex/m-bation??  I just had sex with a new gf but I'm in so much pain/discomfort :(

the last time I did this I was in pain for 7 days... no exaggeration.  Anyone?

I get it too man. Have seen urologist. Family doctor. Colon doctor. Many antibiotic treatments for prostititus. Tried ejaculating frequently. Tried abstaining from ejaculation. This thing has a mind of its own and seems irritated mainly by ejaculation. It is a burning pain up my ass which is definitely more irritated by ejaculation. I have had it like 5yrs easy. I am 43 married heterosexual. Idk wtf it is bro its scary and drives me nuts. Urologist wanted to do a biopsy of my prostate. My dad who had prostate cancer at 65 and had his prostate removed and who never had such pains thought that it didn't sound right. He referred me to a doctor who specializes in prostate cancer. He said he treats hundreds with prostate cancer and pain like mine is not a symptom for those people who have it. Plus he said I know how to make the pain better by abstaining from orgasm which helps and I know how to make it worse by having more orgasm. He suspected prostititus or chronic prostititus.

I'm 18 years old and I discovered that regular sex or masturbation cures this problem but it decreases the sexual intensity during intercourse. But at the same time if you don't masturbate and or have sex regularly.. It increases your sexual intensity drastically but you have to endure pain.. It generally fades away in an hour. Hope it helps.

This pain is likely non bacterial prostatitis. There is no known cure because it is idiopathic (cause not known). However there does seem to be some evidence that it can be caused or made worse by too much sex (masturbation) and sitting too much (sometimes called "trucker's disease").  Sitz baths and pain relievers can help, but moderate sex, avoiding orgasm delay (when you're ready don't hold it in), and avoiding sitting as much as possible while staying active seem to be the best bets. Exercise like walking or running (jogging) seem best. Avoid sitting for long periods like it's the plague. Also drink a lot of water to flush everything out. Antibiotics rarely help because it is not caused by bacteria (unless you have bacterial prostatitis which is comparatively rare...your doctor can tell by running a few tests).

I had been having a similar problem after having an orgasm, particularly after very intense orgasm. It was this weird dull pain that felt like it was originating somewhere in my abdomen, and was making me feel kind of like I had to urinate or defecate simultaneously even though when trying to do so nothing would come out. While doing some research, I read about prostatitis and thought that this might be what I could be experiencing. As an experiment, I tried taking 400mg of ibuprofen (since it is an anti-inflammatory medication) 30 minutes before sex to see if I would still have the same pain afterward...And I didn't!!! I try to find natural alternatives to western meds, so as another experiment, I tried taking 1500mg of turmeric concentrate (also known as curcumin) 30 minutes before sex. I was happy to discover that this also eliminated the pain. Try it out!

Just another bit of info, since I definitely have special circumstances. I occasionally have had this problem for maybe about 15 yrs. I'm in my mid-40s now and orgasm about 4-5 times/wk. About 3-4 times/yr, I might experience this pain. It's very similar to a pinch feeling for about 7-10 seconds, then a droning pain for maybe 1-2 mins. If I have a BM within an hour or so, that will kick off the same pain. For about 10 yrs, I was certain it was bacteriological prostatitis (my enlarged prostate responded to antibiotics). During a DRE, I frequently noticed one area/spot that was particularly sensitive, but only when pressed. I also frequently got the pain during a BM, whenever I was constipated, especially after my prostate was engorged from excitement (even without an orgasm). So... here's the kicker-- I had my prostate removed last year for prostate cancer. As someone else here has mentioned, pain in the prostate does NOT automatically indicate cancer, so anyone reading this should not be scared. In fact, here's the interesting part--- I continue to have the pain occasionally, even though I no longer have a prostate AND my PSA numbers are below detection levels (i.e., no biochemical signs of cancer remaining post-surgery). 

And it's ALWAYS in this one spot--- right where my prostate used to be. So, here's what I think my problems have been: I have for YEARS had problems off and on with hemorrhoids. About 20 yrs ago, I had a proctologist examine me after I had severe rectal pain after a particularly bad bout of constipation. During his exam, he said I had a couple really big hemorrhoids and even pressed one while saying, "I bet this one is a really bad one." (I just about flew off the table from the pain). So.... I am almost certain that I have a particularly sensitive nerve that's located in one particular weak spot in the rectal wall, where a hemorrhoid occasionally flares up. As others here have mentioned, prolonged sitting is also the story of my life... I'm a desk jockey. LOTS of butt sitting. Anyway, I thought I'd add this, since in my case it definitely was NOT prostatitis, despite the fact that I actually did have bacteriological prostatitis (AND prostate cancer).

Sushinut

Very interesting I think you'll also find my experience interesting as well as if they can help: I am a sitter as well, I sit about 10 hours daily working and it is definitely a hemorrhoid issue (i'm 26 now) I've also had a diagnosis of an enlarged prostate at the age of 22.  I've had a few colonoscopies done with a general 'muscle spasm' diagnosis, my pain travels up my colon and the pain is also felt (in addition to that annoying anus pain) underneath my left ribs (transverse area) and can be pretty severe. 

I believe* this is due to spasming of the anus/area with hemorrhoids that further cause that dull prolonged pain that people here experience. I can almost bet on this as I will for sure have more difficulty passing stools after an orgasm or my BM's slow down significantly when I have a number of these painful orgasms. I do have non painful and it's usually hit or miss depending on the position and how sensitive the area is already. 

What I have notice is taken a long break (a week or two or more) of not sitting down and relaxing (warm baths to reduce the size of the hemorrhoids) and a break from painful-position orgasms - is that this has nearly removed the painful experience for me. However it came back as I went back into sitting for prolonged hours and over doing the orgasms. 

Try taking a break (buy a standing desk like I have, use prep h supposts, find a comfortable non painful orgasm position i.e lying on your side, take deep breaths to relax the sphincter hemorrhoid prone area, reduce masturbation orgasms that occur during a seated position, and post your experiences here! to help others :) )

Sushinut can I ask you when were you diagnosed with prostatis/enlarged prostate and how many years after did you have it diagnosed, and than removed? Did your doctors say there is an indication or increased risk or connection with your enlarged prostate and the cancer you had?