Well to start off, my boyfriend is an active duty Marine. There is a slight age difference, so as of now, we must be kept a secret. I met him on a dating website a few months back, we went to dinner and a movie, and hit it off right away! It was great! He was like my dream guy, said & did all the right things! We had only been together a month when I got a call from a number in a different state. I have no friends from that area, or anyone I even slightly know. Anyway, the girl on the phone was very sweet! Which under the circumstances, I didn't expect. She had announced that her and my boyfriend have been together for months and that he has cheated on her before, many times, but she was too dumb to leave him, and she didn't want me to make the same mistake, to leave before we got too serious. Of course, I had to talk to my boyfriend about this, so the next morning, he had called me, I explained the situation. Like any other guy would, he denied it, but I ended it anyway. I have trust issues with men to begin with, but this was just too much. Yet, he is still trying to get back together, swearing he never cheated and that it was "one of my friends trying to break us up." When like I stated at the beginning, our relationship was a secret! The most my friends knew was his first name and that he was older. Nothing else and this chick had a lot of information on him that I didn't even know! I do still have feelings for him, but I can't allow myself to be so stupid as to take some man back who may have cheated on me! Honestly, I just need some advice from someone who may at least slightly understand my situation. It'd help a lot, and I would really appreciate it! Thank you, ahead of time for taking time out of your day to read this and help me out. <3

good for you to leave. he didnt deserve you. why was it a secret. was he alot older then you or are you just to young to date

well since its military, I'm not quite 18 yet, so they'd still count it as illegal. I'm just not sure what to do about the situation. He's still trying to get back together and its been about a month since its happened, so I don't know if he was right or not.

Is there a way u can talk to him in person. Ask about this girl, how she got ur number. Maybe there is something else going on. Dont just assume the worst. Keep it at a friend level because its hard to mend together a broken relationship. Get the answers u need and then go from there

We've talked about it a million times face to face and on the phone, he's always denying it, he swears he has no idea how this girl got my number or who she is. I just don't know who to believe.

Find out from both sides. Ask the girl who she is and how she got your number. If she couldn't give you the right answer it means she's lying and you shouldn't trust her. Don't assume quickly like the previous post had said. If you can't find the answer from him find from the girl. There's always a way. And if ur guy is lying, you'll soon find out dear. There's no such thing as secrets that we can keep forever. Find out whoever from them is telling you the truth. And don't believe too quickly from the girl who supposedly just had a lot of info about him. Who knows she might really be just lying to you.