I've been dating this girl for 6 months and she insists on being friends with her ex whom she dated for 3 years. I get annoyed when she sees him like if they go to lunch. I may feel a little threatened but it's jjust that this girl has a rep of playing with guys and she has cheated before so even though she says she's changed it's still in my mind. How often is it ok for her to hang out with him?? I know they still should be friends but I just don't know where to draw the line. I don't want to play games and I don't wanna be that freaky jealous bf. She's not what people says she's like and I do love her.

This is a topic that i've experienced with many of my friends and i will tell you exactly what i tell them.

If you really love this girl and want to make it work you will need to be patient and understanding, however also be true to yourself at the same time. If she has been hurt in the past, she probably wants to make sure she keeps her options open incase her relationship with you does not work out; if you cheat or break up with her so she is holding on to this friendship with her ex. Another explanation could be that she is a very insecure person and needs to feel wanted, so you should make sure that you are giving her the attention she needs, this way she wont need to look elsewhere.

I would advise you to be open with her and tell her how this makes you feel, without getting into a fight about it. Ask her how she would feel if it was the other way around - this may help her empathise with you.

You have only dated for 6 months so you need to still build trust between you and her behaviour may not be helping you, she needs to know this. another suggestion is if she is really good friends with this guy you should ask her if you can meet him, this will show her that you are not threatened.

hope this helps.

You're both adults here. You don't get to let her see her ex, she gets to see her ex and you have to respect that. You don't own her and she doesn't own you, so bear that in mind. If she doesn't respect your feelings to understand that this hurts you, however, you have a deeper problem fundamentally. Maybe you should sit down with her and talk about how you feel, and ask her to respect that and keep that in mind while she works on a friendship with her ex. In the meantime, realize that you don't control her, and she doesn't control you; if she wants to be friends with her ex, she will be.

I hope this helps. If you continue to have issues, perhaps you might want to consider couples counseling. It can be very helpful! Keep us posted on your progress.

Ok...this isn't hard dude. Get some balls...when she sees her ex, you go out with somebody else. make sure she knows that you are "just friends" and make sure that the woman you hang out with is better looking than she is. Hire an escort for a "friendship" lunch (or something.) Just make sure she always knows that you can do better...and you're golden.

Just let be friends with whomever she wants to be friends with. If you don't she will jsut resent you for it, and either way it will be a source of contention. If she does cheat on you, who really cares, just move on. Go find someone else.

thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard

put your foot down or she will walk all over you. women play games dump her and move on take iy from me she is trouble

That is a case of unfinished business if ever I heard of one, I am currently in one myself and will probably leave my girl over it

It's a hard experience to have to deal with but you have to respect your gf's needs. I have recently been through a similar experience when my girlfriend wanted to make friends with an old ex who cheated on her. I found it especially hard to deal with as I felt the only reason they broke up was because she was because of the affair and that them hanging out again would re-kindle feelings past lost. It was only when I stopped trying to control the situation that I realized that I had to loosen up and trust her. I was honest and open about how I felt about & kept my anger at bay so we could talk about it properly. She reassured me that she had looked for what she had with me all her life and that would never want to lose that. When we talked about it more I began to understand that there were many other reasons they were no longer together and that they weren't happy together as a couple. It was then that I came to the conclusion that they broke up for a reason and that if they wanted to be friends that they should be. I put my jealousy aside and put trust in her feelings for me. After all she is with me because she wants to be not because I forcing her to be. You can't control who your girlfriend is friends with or how much they see each other. It will only push her away from you if you try to do so. Trust her and try and talk to her about it without letting anger taking control. Also try and understand your own feelings. Think about what it is that's making you feel insecure & vulnerable - knowing why it is you feel scared of her leaving you for him will help you cope and grow from this. Of course there are sometime exceptions and your fear does become a reality. But if that is the case then there's nothing you can do and you were not meant to be. It doesn't sound as if that's the case in your situ though. I hope this helps, don't let fear come between what you have with her

They're probably still having sex. She has a history of cheating, she is a cheater. That's what she does, people don't change. She flirts and sleeps around because she is not her own person, she needs men to validate her with their penises. She's needy and insecure.

She stays in such close contact with her ex either because he dumped her yet she's still happy to give him her time and attention (she has no self-respect), or because she dumped him but she likes having him around so she does not feel like a bad person (she is unable to stand by her own decisions/ is happy to use in this manner a man who was supposedly her number 1 for 3 years). Regardless of the exact situation, it does not make your girl look good.

Assuming you're in the extremely, extremely unlikely (think lightning striking you 3 times in a row) situation that she has changed and that her ex and her are only friends (usually one or both still wants the other), she still looks bad. Because she's being completely disrespectful to you by meeting this guy one on one. No one in their right mind who cares about their partner would give a flying toss about meeting their ex for lunch. In fact it should be the very first thing on her list of things to absolutely not do.

It very well may be time to move on. Ask any relationship expert, it is NEVER a good idea to be friends with an ex. On a basic level, it's probably a insecurity issue with her. She needs to feel wanted and puts her ex in your face fully anticipating that it will bother you to some degree which serves to enhance her self-sense of value. Give her an ultimatum: Stop being friends with him or you are leaving her. You don't want to constantly have this guy lurking around...you will be absolutely miserable. Your girlfriend has commitment problems related to her decision to move on from her ex and choosing you as the man that she wants to be with.

I owe you