I started having light (brownish in color) bleeding about a week ago. It happened the first time about an hr after intercourse, I thought it might have something to do with that or maybe implantation bleeding. I took a home pregnancy test 3 weeks ago but haven't seen an OB yet. I think I'm about 8-9 wks but am unsure because I had a very abnormal period. I had read a little about implantation bleeding and because I was only spotting and it was very light , and because I hadn't had any cramps, I assumed thats what was going on and why I was spotting. For the first few days my bleeding stayed as just spotting but after a couple of days the bleeding got heavier and has changed to a brighter color. I'm not bleeding like a regular period but now am having more than spotting, and it seems that with each day it's getting heavier. Up until today I had seen blood mainly after peeing, now I've passed a couple of very small blood clots and can feel blood coming out rather than just seeing it there after I've used the bathroom. I'm also having a bit of cramping, it's not constant and not horrible pain but definitely uncomfortable when it does come. I have called the DR to ask if this is something to worry about but because she hasn't seen me yet she couldn't give me any answers! She did scheduled me for an ultrasound on Monday (today is Friday) I am very worried that I am miscarrying but I'm not sure!! I dont know what happens during a miscarriage, if it would last this long, or if my spotting really is implantation bleeding. I would really appreciate feed back from anyone who has had a similar experience or anyone that may know what is going on with me. Thanks so much!!

Hi ?bridget! So you are DEFINITELY pregnant right? And it has been 8 weeks since your last period? IF this bleeding started when your next period was supposed to be, it COULD be what is called "vaginal bleeding" it is caused by an increases in hormones - thus women thinking they had a period while pregnant!

Any woman that is experiencing a miscarriage can have different symtpoms! You could take a upper end test - the ones that tell you how far along you are - to see if the HCG levels are still high enough to match how far you are along As women who are having an abortion start having less and less HCG! This is NOT implantation bleeding OK? This happens just over 3 days after unrprotected sex! Which isn't your case!

Also know that bleeding - or spotting - is VERY common in the first trimester! So hang in there OK? Keep rested and lay down as much as possible! NO sex! NO lifting or any exurtion till we get to find out through the ultrasound what is going on OK? Fingers crossed and please let me know how you make out! Good luck and health honey1

Bridgit my thoughts are with you.
Just stay in bed until you see your doctor monday. like bambi27 said no lifting anything not even if you think you can. NO housework or anything put your feet up higher that your heart. that will help the blood flow. I give you this advice as it was given to me. I bleed around 11 weeks like that and had a healthy baby boy. All women are different and relax because the more you think and stress about it the more strain you put on your baby. But if your cramping gets bad go to the ER. or if you fill a pad an hour.
Best of Luck.

Thank you ladies for the advice, It is most helpful to know others care! I think I am indeed miscarrying! My bleeding has gone from spotting, to a bit heavier now to lots of blood clots.(some very small others quite a bit larger than I've seen with any peroid) I'm hoping that this is caused by something else but in my heart do not think thats the case! I have been resting, laying down with my feet up, my hubby is wonderful. waiting on me so I only have to be up to use the bathroom. I'm praying SO HARD to hear a heartbeat on the ultrasound Monday!! Thanks again for your replies and advice!!

Dont give up hope honey! I had a similar thing with my 1st - about 12 weeks along - I even talked myself into that I could see a fetus!!!!!!! But it wasn't it was just the bleeding! So hang in there honey! Relax - I know that's impossible! Also please let us know how you are doing OK? Good luck and health honey, fingers crossed and you are in our thoughts and prayers! Keep taking prenatal vitamins OK?

Hi Bambi, I curious as to what the case of your bleeding was with your first? and did you deliver a healthy baby?? (this gives me a little encouragement,:-) I'm so hoping that something else is going on with me! as weird as it sounds I'm even hoping I have an infection or something to do with MY body not to do with the pregnancy... I've read about different causes of bleeding during pregnancy, and it does give me some hope, but it so hard to figure out whats happening with me. Not knowing is so hard! I know every woman is different and symptoms are too, but I wish I knew for sure!! I will see the OB and have an ultrasound in the morning until then....

They don't know! It was like globules of red jelly - sorry for the TMI - and my boy was 9 lbs 1 oz!!!!! o.O He graduates highschool in a couple of weeks is 6ft and 200 lbs!!!!! So hang in there! Also you DONT want an infection as this CAN sometimes cause a miscarriage! BUT when you get the ultrasound - and hopefully everything is fine - ask for a Urine culture - to rule out urinary tract infecitons which are VERY common! Good luck honey and plese let me know OK?

Hello, well sadly I did have a miscarriage :-( Even worse I was pregnant with twins!! :-( I was further along than I had first thought. Strangely one baby grew to be about 8wks the other 12. I had lost one before I had gone to the OB for an ultrasound, and lost the other yesterday :-( The DR told me that I would in fact lose the second but I hoped so much that she was wrong and by some miracle I would carry it and everything would be ok!! That was not the case! SO I will try again as so as I am able! Although my body still has high hcg levels My bleeding slowed down to light spotting after the second embryo passed so I think hormonal wise I should be back to normal soon and I will try when I can!! I'm not sure what the chances are of getting pregnant with twins twice in a row but oh how I would LOVE for that to happen! Thank you for your advice, your support was very helpful! :-)

~Bridget~

SO sorry to hear that honey!!!! I know this doesn't help you, but this is VERY common - unfortunately - a lot of women don't even know actually! It's only because tests are more sensitive that women are learning earlier!

Even though I shouldn't say this BUT I have had several ladies on here that have suffered a loss like yourself and went on to become immediatley pregnnat! So take your prenatal vitamins and also did they take a urine culture? You need to be infection free! As the body starts fighting off foreign bodies - including an embryo! So have that checked!

Most doctors tell you to wait about 6 weeks, but if you look into many of my posts you will see that most of these women didn't wait and WHAM became pregnant! And remember honey that Just because you had this loss does NOT mean that you will have another OK? There are SO many factors regarding losses! So try and relax and enjoy just trying - don't make it a job! Are there twins in your family? Please let me know if there is anything else I can do or answer, and in the next coming weeks, please keep me updated on how you are doing OK? Good luck and health honey and God Bless!

ive been trying to get pregnant..my period is now at leat 5 to 6 days early..im worried. ive toke a a pregnancy test like about a week ago and said it was negative..but i had sex like 3 days ago..and just started my period yesterday 9/23/2010. this period dosent seem like my other normal one blood looks reder..what is it????

Women can be as regular as clockwork then ALL of a sudden get a weird period! I am pretty good about pregnancy so if you can answer the following quesitons I can help you further OK?1

1. When was you LAST period?
2. What is your usual cycle - 28+ days
3. Are your periods usually regular - especially recently
4. When is your peirod supposed to come on
5. When did you have unprotected sex?
6. IS this blood enough to soak a pad or tampon?