My mum had a stent put in the bile duct. Will this stent close again and if so how long. The surgion said it was permanent.

The swelling of her feet is getting worse. is there medication to relieve the sewll.

concerned ....

Its hard to say if the splint will close again, and theres no way to know how long it will be before it closes, if it even does...There are different types of water pills out there on the market today...Lasix is a more common one, but they may also not want to put your mom on water pills right now to help prevent swelling...This would be something to ask her doctor about...Hope this helps, and I hope your mom gets to feeling better!!!

My very special friend has pancreas cancer. She has complained that her stomach still hurts after the first surgery. She was taken to the hospital one week ago, only to be told there is nothing more they can do.

My heart is in so much pain because has always been a "giver" not a "receiver". Why do bad things happen to good people? Only the Lord knows.

My question - how do long can we expect her to live? This earth will have lost a wonderful person. Should anyone read this please pray for
"Our Lila"

My mother was scheduled for the Whipple 2 wks ago. They weren't able to do it and our hope now is that chem shrinks it and she will be able to have it later. They are putting the stint in her Monday. It's a quick and semi painless procedure and the stint will help her alot. It will also help with Jaundice if the cancer has spread to her liver. I believe it is inteded to work long term and is not supposed to close up. I'll keep your mother in my prayers.

Well My Grandma has Pacrotic Cancer do u tno how long she will live if she goes thorugh Kemo??