Friend has stage four pancreatic cancer that has matastizised to her lungs and liver. She has a lot of fluid buildup in her body. She is draining about 2 liters of fluid every three days. We think she may need to make arrangements for hospice. Are we over reacting?

Hallo,

I don’t think that you are over reacting at all. Her cancer is in really becoming bad and I am not really sure what can be done right now. Can you tell me more about her medication? What kind of drugs is she using and how long has she been having this cancer? Is she going for chemotherapy? Usual complications with pancreatic cancer are abdominal pain and back pain. Fatigue and weight loss also happen often. I think that water will not help her with the weight problem. Did her doctor told her about the surgery? I hope that this helped you and her in any way.

All the best to you,

Karen