How does smoking affect a heart stent?

It is not the stent that is the issue. Nicotine, in cigarette smoke, is a vasoconstrictor. In other words, it makes the blood vessels get smaller. This is just the opposite of what the stent is for, to keep the vessel open.

Please give up smoking.

Hello there jnatar0,

You should really stop smoking as soon as possible and it is not that hard and if you need a reason do you have better one than your heart!

And please don’t say that this is impossible because I have been smoker for very long time and then I started to have some health issues which were caused by cigarettes and one day I have just decided that enough is enough. So I bought those nicotine patches and I was wearing them for about two months and after that period I was ex-smoker. It has been three years since I gave up smoking and I am not planning to start ever again.  

I hope that you will succeed in this.

yes i had 2 stint put in heart yesterday, i was told by heart dr that if i continue smoking my stints would be stopped up in 6 months. they went thru my wrist , alot better than the groin i had previsely

You will die

my husband had undergo Stent treatment 4 months ago..altogether there are 4 Stents insert in his arteries.Doctors had adviced him not to quit smoking and he did so.
BUT sady....:( today he took 1 ciggarete n start smoking again behind me.
what will happen to the Stents ?

P/S; CORRECTIONS....DOCTOR HAD ADVICED HIM TO QUIT SMOKING *

What if I cut down on my smoking because I can't seem to stop. I was a 2 pack A-day smoker

They will close

He advised him NOT to quit smoking??????? That makes no sense.