Dear Dr.,

My period started a week early this month...this has never happened before and my cycles seem to be getting shorter. I am only 25, so nowhere near menopause. I started my cycle on March 13 last month and now this morning.

Help!

The same thing happened to me; howver, I just came off the pill. Were you on the pill at all? I dont think this is something to be alramed about. I have had the dsame thing happen to me before....it is just your body.

Hello there,

This is nothing unusual if one month you have your period a little bit early. Since you are 25 years old I can presume that you are using some kind of contraceptive and sometimes contraception can cause irregular cycles when you stop with using it.

For example birth control pills will for sure cause irregular cycle after you start taking them. For the next three months your cycle is going to be messed up so if you were on a pill this is the reason of the irregularity in your case. Sometimes getting cold can cause late of the period and sometimes you are going to get it early. The most important thing is that you consult your doctor if this happens again.