Hi im new to this so please bear with me.my husband and I are trying for a baby but my periods this month was 1day early and only lasted for 3days i am wondering if anyone can help me could I be pregnant or is it just my age

Hi CelticFlower

If you have had a period, it is likely you are not pregnant.

Would you give some more information though?

1. "is it just my age" How old are you?
  2. "periods this month was 1day early" What date did they start?
  3. What date did the previous period start?
  4. What is the length of your usual cycle (typically 28 days)?
  5. What days this cycle did you have sex?

I hope this helps as a start

Sorry yes im 46 my periods last 4/5days and it about 25 cycle

At 46 you are likely to be less fertile as you are approaching the menopause. Periods and cycles can vary as that time approaches. Also if your husband is of a similar age, he is likely to be less fertile. So if you are trying to get pregnant, then timing of your sexual intercourse is very important. That is why I was asking about the days you had sex. Also how long have you been trying for pregnancy? How long have you been married? I was trying to help for the future attempts.
As it is now more than 2 days since your period started, you could take a home pregnancy test which by now should be accurate, but I don't think you are pregnant yet.
I hope this helps

Thank you so much we have been married 7 months now and as for doing the deed lol mostly at the weekend as we both work. Ihave looked on Google for answers but it all comes pu with the same thing early period only lasted 3days it says I could be pregnant ??????

The information you find on the internet is not always reliable, and anyway often tends to generalise. So here you can get a more focused response. Some women have had periods all through their pregnancy; but that is rare. The problem is that whereas all women basically function the same way, there is a huge variation between them. That is the reason I ask for detailed information.
If you are only having sex two days a week, then there is likely to be only two days a month when you have a chance of getting pregnant, and those two days could be on less fertile days
With a cycle of 25 days, you are likely to ovulate on Cycle Day 12 (CD12), the first day of your period being CD1. That means you are only likely to be fertile CD7-CD12, CD10-11 being probably the most fertile. So I would start by suggesting you have sex every day CD9-12. However, you didn't state your husband's age. If there is a chance that his fertility is low, then I would suggest not having sex consecutive days at this fertile time, but to leave a day or two in between for an increased chance of sperm production.
Then there is the question of increasing the chance from your activity. If you can orgasm at a similar time to your husband, the vaginal contractions should help the sperm on the way to your fallopian tubes.
I hope this helps a bit more. If you need more help, or have more questions, just ask