Hi there, I am 25 and recently went off the pill (on for approx. 6 yrs.) so my husband and I could try to have a baby. Been off over 2 months now (being slightly careful, but not 100%) had period the first month but this month is well over a week late. I have been bloated and cramping (no bleeding, just discharge) for 2 weeks steady and now getting headaches/tired with acne on face, back & chest. I have been feeling strange and suspicious so I took a test which came-up negative. Could there be something wrong with my body or is it possible the test was too early to tell and I'm pregnant?

I will go to the doctor after another week of waiting, but wanted advice from some experienced woman and maybe even another man besides my doctor.

Thank you so much for your help!

I have been going through the same exact thing. I am a week late, negative pregnancy test, no sore breasts but major PMS stuff for the last 2 weeks. I too have been on the pill for 6 years. I am 31 and have a 6 year old. I can't take much more of the PMS stuff. I don't want to take anything for the moods, pain just in case I am pregnant. Nice to know someone is in the same boat. Any other advice?

Background: I'm 36 and I've been on/off the pill since 18. Every time I went off (because I was not in a relationship) I NEVER had problem starting my cycle back up. Also, my period were never bad on OR off the pill.

Situation: I've recently been on the pill for 2 yrs, but went off it 17 days ago to try to get pregnant. Well, 3 days ago I started feeling *really* "weird", getting the strangest persistent abdominal cramps, feeling unusually bloated, and was dizzy w/ blurred vision and a dull headache. I thought I ate something bad or was getting sick because, again, I *never* had a reaction going off the pill before. Concerned, I told a friend and she said "you sound pregnant"?! THEN, duh, I recalled that on Day 9 off the pill my husband and I had sex where we started without a condom but finished with one. From my estimation, I would have ovulated around the 12-14. But this month, the usual mid-month signs never happened. So I have NO idea what is going on. Unfortunately, I have to wait another week to take a test. In the meantime, my body feels REALLY weird but I don't want to take medication for my discomfort since I don't know +/-.

Bottom line: 1) If I am preg, than I'm SHOCKED to learn that at only 4 DAYS pregnant your body would exhibit SO many symptoms. 2) If I'm not pregnant- it IS possible that your body will "freakout" when you stop the pill even if it never has in the past. 3) if these symptoms continue for another week I'll go to the doctor to see if perchance stopping the pill may have unfortunately coincide with a strange case of gallbladder spasms??

I just turned 27. I was on pill for 5 or years and now I have been off pill since March. After I am off pill, my period was really irregular (ranging from 44 days to 58 days) and i only had 3 period since March. The last time i had my period was Aug 12 and i still don't have my period yet now. i had cramp and the feeling of PMS three weeks ago but no period, did home test twice and was all negative, went to see a doctor, said could be just my regular cycle since i am off the pill. today i have a little bit spotting, one or two drips, and it stop. i only had cramps and little spotting and not much other pregnancy syptom. Could I be pregnate even the ept test is negative? did anyone have similar situation?

My period have become excessively irregular since I went off the pill in January.

I abruptly stopped taking YAZ after months of feeling pregnant (and not being pregnant!). The symptoms were from my birth control.

After stopping, I had two VERY light periods, a couple of weeks apart, and then for two months I had absolutely NOTHING. I was terrified that I was already pregnant.

Then, the last three periods I have have been VERY heavy. In fact, I never imagined it being THIS bad!

Pregnancy tests are $25 at Planned Parenthood if you can't afford to see your real doctor.

I am 25 years old and off Diane-35 since June 2008. I have been on some form of the pill since I was 19 - Alesse for 2 years, then Ortho-Tricyclen, then with a break of 3 months, I started Diane-35 3 years ago.

Since I stopped the pill, I had my first period mid-July (lighter than usual), and then I had another period roughly 28 days later in August; the flow was more normal for me in terms of how much blood I lost. So I thought I would be getting 28 day cycles - even though my cycles before the pill were all over the place (ranging from 30 to 50-day long cycles). Wrong!

Now it's day 33, and I still haven't had my period. I had unprotected sex from August 23-26 (prime days if I ovulated at day 14 of a 28-day cycle), and then spotted a bit of brown blood on August 28 and September 4, and spotted red blood last night on Sept 10 as well (so every 7 days or so). I also had some uncomfortable cramping the last two times I spotted, but it could have just been some bad food. Not sure.

I took a pregnancy test on Sept 5 and Sept 10 (using First Response Early Result both times because it's said to be quite sensitive, and early morning concentrated yellow urine) and it was very clearly negative (no faint positives here!). Technically, if it's a 28 day cycle, I'm 5 days late, so it should have showed a positive result if I was pregnant.

I'm going to take another pregnancy test next week (ClearBlue Easy) if I haven't gotten my period. But I don't think I am pregnant; now reading about other posters' experience, I think that my body is just readjusting to not being on the pill. The only other PMS symptom/pregnancy I have is that my breasts are a bit bigger, but not sore.

I'll keep you posted as to my cycle! I know a lot of women worry a lot about their irregular cycles after coming off the pill so it's nice to keep people updated. Remember that each woman's body is different, so coming off the pill will produce a wide range of symptoms. If you're really concerned, go see your doctor.

So I took another pregnancy test on Sept 18 using Equate (I think it's a Rexall brand) and it was negative again.

I saw a doctor yesterday, and she said that it's probably my wonky cycle that is rearing its ugly head, and the solution is to go back on the pill - which I really don't wan to do!

Also, I think that today (Sept 26) I finally got my period. It was bright red blood and definitely more than a few spots. And I'm getting a lot of cramping. Again, I'll keep you posted.

I haven't had my official period yet but i ahve had a 3 day period where i have had brown stuff where I needed a tampon. I am on the pill 777, but sometimes I forget. Sometimes my boyfriend does not use a condom but most of the time we use both. he never explodes inside me. I have had my cramps that i ususally get when i am on and the breaking out but I haven't had the red stuff. please tell me what that means

I'm new to this site and also need some advice! I came off Microgynon in October, I had a normal period 4 weeks later, I then am pretty sure I ovulated two weeks after that but my period did not come and I am now over a week late. I took a test and it was negative, I assumed by getting my period 4 weeks after stopping the pill everything had returned to normal. I am now trying to conceive and with me not getting my period I don't know if I will ovulate when I thought I would originally. Does anyone have any advice as this is stressing me out!!!!

I have been off the pill for 2 months, my first period was a week late but showed up and was pretty heavy. I thought for sure I was pregnant with this second period because I had all of the symptoms, sore breasts, headaches bloating, cramping, etc. I know I ovulated and had intercourse before and at the time of ov. I took several hpts. that were neg. I was sad :-( especially since I went through 2 weeks of pg symptoms and nothing, but I am going to give it another try this month and hopefully it will be a success, since I am 38 and don't really have a lot of time to play with!

Hey,
I'm going through the same thing a lot of the girls here have been talking about. I'm 21, and after being on the pill for 6 years I went off it. I had two normal periods, and then had semi-protected (drunken) sex on the saturday, expecting my period (assuming a monthly cycle) on the tuesday. I had all the symptoms of my period except for the actual period, which, a week later, still hasn't shown up. I weed on a stick and it came up negative, but i guess it would be too soon to tell. i've never looked forward to a period this much! reading the comments above has been reassuring. it doesn't help that i've been stressed no end with uni as well!

i have been on the pill for about 2 years, i recently stoped taking it as i forgot to start again after the last month and my last period had finished. this month have been having headaches, and here and there stomach pains. the last week and a bit the headaches and fatigue have becme worse and the stomach pains feel like excessive period pain, i am due for my period this week, but it is so far 2 days late (today inclusive) i have taken 2 pregnancy tests which both came up negative. after reading some of the other posts, i am thinking maybe it is my body just reacting to being on the pill for so long then being off the pill for a month. could anyone give me some feed back? thanks

Im 17 and was on the pill for a short 4 months... I came off just 3 months ago and was having really regular periods... every 28 days and really heavy flow... I was suppose to get my period today and i haven't. I usually wake up on a Sunday morning and get it right away... Should i be worried... I have been under a lot of stress in school and emotionally but i have never had problems with stress effecting my period schedule... Im just worried because my boyfriend and I have sex with condoms and rarely without, but its possible right? So just wondering, should I be worried??? Should i take a test tomorrow?

Im having the same problems, I went of the pill after my period last month and now Im about 2 days late and sincerely freaking out. My boyfriend and I always use protection (condoms even when Im on the pill) but Im still scared and anxious. I had cramping which is really my only pms symtom, could it just b my body reacting to me being of the pill? Because I also went off for a month last year but my next period was completely regular :S

Hi I'm a bit concerned. I've been on the pill for about 3-4 years. My boyfriend and I do not use condoms because I am allergic. We have never had a problem, sometimes a few scares. Last month my period was unusually light but lasted for 3 days just really light (I had also been travelling alot and taking some other medication) This month however, I am 3 days late, travelling across continents, really busy. I have my usual back aches and headaches before I get my period right now, and I feel like I'm going to get my period but I'm not sure. I feel bloated but I'm not constipated. What are the chances??